1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT: MXR BOD for Boss OC-2

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by BooshBass, Oct 16, 2013.

1. BooshBass

BooshBass

Sep 2, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Need more synth.

Really great octaver, I just need more synth. Many threads here giving this thing serious props.

Recently bought here. Previous owner thought he heard a hissing noise when playing high frequencies but I don't hear it. He said he only plays with headphones and thought that might be why. I play with headphones too and still don't hear it.

May be willing to add a little $$$ if need be.

No pictures for now but is pretty much flawless except for some velcro. Also comes with box.

2. BooshBass

BooshBass

Sep 2, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    You're a saint. I forgot about that post. Thanks man.

3. JdoubleH

JdoubleH Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Ellerslie, Georgia
  4. halfjackson

halfjackson

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston, MA
    You're welcome. I hope it works out.

5. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    They don't call me "Dog Ears" for nuthin' ;)

Glad it wasn't a dud!

6. BooshBass

BooshBass

Sep 2, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Haha Yup. It's really a great pedal, worth the praise. I just would like to use it mainly for the oc>fuzz>ef setup and I think the oc will get a little more synth sounding.

Offer still on the table by the way.

7. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    The "growl" knob is pretty darn close to the OC-2. The response is a little different, but tonally close IMO. Just breathes differently.

8. BooshBass

BooshBass

Sep 2, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Is it? I was under the impression that the boss was quite a bit more synthy than the rest. I've never tried it.

9. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    It is synthier, but mess with the settings. Tonally it's close, though again not 100%. It did fine for me in that sense, but the way the dynamics reacted with my basses, the OC-2 felt better, though according to Tim LeFave, the MXR handles active basses better and is a little less farty, so to speak.

10. PM. You have one.

11. BooshBass

BooshBass

Sep 2, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Dunzo