Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FT: My '96 Am Jazz Dlxe 5'er for your fretless 4

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by mrpackerguy, Jul 12, 2005.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I have a lovely mint '96 Oly White (cream) USA Fender Jazz Deluxe 5'er with both vintage tort and white pearl pickguards that I would likely trade for a USA Jazz fretless 4 banger or something of similar value. The 5'er has been great fun, and has introduced me to the world of the Jazz bass. It also sounds great and is versatile, but after about 6 months with it, I find myself wanting to go back to a 4 string.

All original except for the vintage tort pickguard I had Nino make for me. Original white pearl guard included. Inline 5 tuners. Pickups are quiet. String through bridge option. Alder body I believe, maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. I found the neck and string spacing very comfortable as my first 5'er going back and forth between that and my MM Sabre. Active 3 band pre with the bass and treble stacked, a stand-alone mid, then pup blend and vol. Very tweakable. Overall, a slap monster.

Currently strung with D'Addario Chrome Flats and I have the action dialed in low.

My ideal trade would be a USA fretless 4 string Jazz or a '75 USA Reissue fretted, but I'll entertain offers on most any passive fretless of equal or slightly higher quality. I'm not looking to sell, but am not 100% against selling. I'm also not looking to trade + much if any cash. Fender hard shell case negotiable.

Pictures Here

This is an absolute beauty that I have gotten compliments on when I've taken her to a gig (my drummer is in love with it), and I hate to see her go, but I want to go in a different direction with my backup axe.

Feedback checkable here and on Evilbay under the moniker "mrpackerguy".

2. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    bump

3. Zemaitis

Zemaitis

Jan 7, 2004
    New Paltz NY
    I have a Lakland 44-01 Skyline that is spanking brand new and an incredible bass. Bought it about 3-4 months ago and hjave only played it a handful of times and is in dead mint condition. Its a beautiful piece of ash with natural gloss finish and a lined rosewood FB, it has Bartolinis (as do ALL my basses) with a passive pull on vol control. This bass blows away most fretless' Ive ever played but I just bought an electric Upright and that is taking up all my time as of late. to tell you the truth I dont need another 5 but Im a sucker for blondes so let me know if youre interested at all.

4. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Zem:

Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to pass on the Lakland Skyline. Sounds very nice, though.

5. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Last bump