1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT: my MTB for your road bike?

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by mlwarriner, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlwarriner

mlwarriner Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    I've got what amounts to an over-spec'ed Haro V4 mountain bike, and I'd like to trade for a road bike of similar value. It's a great rig, but I just don't get enough chance to be in the dirt, plus I could use a decent road bike for commuting when nicer weather gets here.

I'm not 100% certain on all of the components listed, but will check and verify. But what I can remember is this:
    Aluminum Haro V4 frame, gray, size Medium (I'm about 5'8", with a 30" inseam, and it fits me great)
    SRAM X.9 trigger shifters
    Avid Single Digit 3 brakes
    Avid Speed-dial brake levers
    Mavic Crossmax Wheelset
    SRAM X.9 Rear Derailleur
    SRAM X.(something) front derailleur
    Top of the line SRAM rear cassette and chain
    Rock Shox Judy TT suspension fork
    Cane Creek Headset
    Control tech Stem

DSCF0716.

Basically, I accumulated the parts from ebay, a couple of things from my local bike shop, and some were donations from e-friends on other forums. All assembly and setup was done by my local shop, and everything works great. But like I said before, I don't get much chance to play in the dirt, and could use a decent road rig for commuting.

Can take and post more pics for those who are interested. Not certain on how to work shipping, but we can figure that out later. Willing to drive a couple or so hours from the greater KC metro area to make a deal in person.

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    When it comes to shipping a bike - pay your LBS to do that packing and shipping. They have the boxes and hte know how. It generally costs $50 for the oversize II shipping (that might have gone up since last time I shipped). My LBS charged me $10 for the handle bar & pedal pull, and packing. UPS picked it up right there ...

You might want to check that option out.

3. mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    i've still got the boxes that the wheels and frame came in, would likely use those if i have to ship. but thanks for the advice :D

4. mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    now for sale. $800 plus shipping or delivery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.