FT: My SWR rig for your Ampeg

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Milo Desmond, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Milo Desmond

Milo Desmond Guest

Oct 13, 2002
    Salt Lake City
    Thanks for looking.

I am looking to trade my SWR rig for an Ampeg rig. I have a Goliath Sr. 6x10 and a Bass 750 head. It sounds simply amazing, but I am in a new band, and the sound isn't quite right.

Looking for an Ampeg 8x10 cab and somekind of head. Preferable one of the SVT line heads. Will consider trade + cash if you have a 4PRO.

Also, if any of you have any comments about what a fair trade or cash value of my rig is, please let me know. I bought this baby from ANBassist, and I think he gave me an amazing deal on it, even though I had to drive to Ohio to get it.

Thanks again.
  2. permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    longshot i know, but i've got a late 70s svt 810, if you're looking for that sound then this beast is it. but i'm in la, not worth it to ship it
    (its like 160 lbs?), if you're planning to come anytime i'll make you a great deal.
  3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Great sounding rig, and LOUD! (my old setup). Did you get that gig you sat in on? The one you posted about?
  4. Milo Desmond

Milo Desmond Guest

Oct 13, 2002
    Salt Lake City
    Got the offer, but decided not to do it. It would have been a HUGE move for me, and it just wasn't very viable at the time.

Thanks for asking though.
  5. monkfill

Jan 1, 2003
    Kansas City
    I have an SVT-CL head if you're interested. I'm not looking for trades right now, but I'd like to get $800 if you want to buy it.