1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT: My Warwick Thumb NT for your Thumb NT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by K-Funk, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-Funk

K-Funk

Sep 24, 2007
    Auburn Hills, MI
    This the old-school Thumb that a lot of people seem to dig, with the older body shape, 7-piece wenge/bubinga neck, wenge fingerboard, brass nut, 18V electronics, and a factory-installed Gotoh D-Tuner. It also has custom-made aftermarket bubinga control knobs, but I'll include the original knobs as well. It is a cosmetic 9.9/10, the only cosmetic issue is a 1/8" rough spot in the wenge behind the nut. It's not a crack, it's just the wenge being weird on the surface. According to the original owner who I purchased it from it's been there since new, and has never moved. It's nearly invisible, and cannot be felt while playing because it's higher up the headstock. It's a total non-issue, I'm just going for full disclosure. Also, there is a very miniscule amount of thumb wear over the pickup; however, it's so small I can't photograph it and most used Thumbs have this wear anyway. Beyond that, the bass is stellar; the frets are nearly perfect and the body grain is amazing. n The bass comes in the OHSC, along with both sets of knobs and the original black straplocks.

jessica001.
    jessica002.
    jessica006.
    jessica007.
    jessica011.
    jessica013.
    jessica015.
    jessica017.
    jessica021.
    jessica022.
    thumbnt.

For trades, I'm looking for Thumb NT 5's and 6's of any era, and I'd be willing to include some cash to even it up. I'd also be interested in post-1997 Thumb 4's with the different body shape. I'm mainly looking for these basses, but if you have another idea, feel free to ask; I might be interested in other Warwicks as well.

CONUS deals only, please.

Thanks for looking!

2. if this was a fiver or sixer i would be all over it. where did you get those bubinga control nobs. would love to have a set on my bass.

3. $$$ to sell??

4. K-Funk

K-Funk

Sep 24, 2007
    Auburn Hills, MI
    Possible deal in the works, but a bump nonetheless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.