1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT: Natural finished Squier body for your black jazz body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by marantz10, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marantz10

marantz10 Master Bass Playa

Oct 21, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    What I have to trade: I have a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass I purchased a few weeks ago. I am looking to trade the body for a black jazz body to make this into a Geddy Lee bass. The body is in mint condition. It is made of maple with some cool grain patterns.

If you want the body but don't have anything to trade that I need, you can send me an offer for $$$ to my email or PM. Since the body is brand new, I'd be looking for a bit of money.

What I want: I need a nicely finished jazz bass body that is black. I will be needing a 3-ply white pickguard for it. I am also looking for CTS pots/wiring. And I am lastly looking for 75 RI pickups, or vintage RI 60's pickups, American-made preference.

Optional things I can trade if you are interested:

Fender MIM Bridge (pulled off my 2006 P Bass and have it laying around).
    Duncan Designed pickups from the Squier Vintage Modified
    Squier wiring with pots
    Control plate that fits this Squier perfectly
    Black 3-ply pickguard that fits this Squier perfectly
    Squier neck plate

My references are at heatware.com under corvettez06. I will be shipping via delivery confirmation with the post office unless you want something different; in which then we ship with the same service. You must have good references too for a trade.

Contact ryan.camaro@gmail.com. You can try PMing me also. Or post something below.

Thanks!

P.S. Here are a few pictures: Will take more pictures by request and will email them.

26557_891114177988_10741661_4889832.

DSC00722.

DSC00746.

DSC00745.

DSC00738.

2. Cannabass

Cannabass

Jan 22, 2010
    i have a MIA jazz body, black, with some extra bridge mounting holes (cant see em under a bridge tho)

it's in decent condition...no big dings or chips really but i think someone who cared more about finish than i might not not call it "really good" condition, lol. :D

sorry i dont have pics but if youre interested i could try to take some

3. Cannabass

Cannabass

Jan 22, 2010
    oh and it's got a badass 2 so your's should swap over nice and easy

4. marantz10

Oct 21, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    PM sent with some questions and pictures request.

5. marantz10

Oct 21, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Some extra notes about the finish of this bass:

The finish is perfect. No scratches, dents, punctures or anything in the finish.

The wood grain is interesting. On the leg resting area (picture #2 far right), you can see a black spot, it is a dark spot in the natural wood. Below that spot is also some really cool natural striping of alternating natural colors. There are a few circles of grain through out the bass, too.

As noted, I purchased this about 3-4 weeks ago brand new from Guitar Center.

cannabass: you seem interested although I'm waiting for a PM back from you. I plan on keeping the Badass bridge that is on this bass right now to move to the new body.

6. BillyIVbass

BillyIVbass

Sep 24, 2008
    PA
    Gear Reviews Guitar World Online
    I have a black Squier jazz body on my fretless, but I know it has one small ding on the front right under the bridge as well as some normal wear on the back and the side nearest to the control panel.

If you're interested shoot me a PM and I can get you some pictures.

7. marantz10

Oct 21, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    PM sent.

8. marantz10

Oct 21, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Nothing has been traded/sold yet. Send me your trade propositions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.