1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FT: (New Pictures)! KILLER 1992 Fender USA Jazz Plus V w PLEK Job & Q-Tuner Pups!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Quadzilla, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Reposted - NEW PICS (old ones were HORRIBLE)...

I have a KILLER 1992 Fender USA Jazz Plus V with some very nice upgrades and work:

- 1992 USA Fender Jazz Bass Plus
    - Q-Tuner 5 string pickups (cost $322 shipped a pair: Link ---> http://www.q-tuner.com/bl5.shtml ). Bass is now passive (volume, volume, tone)
    - Control Cavity was professionally shielded with copper foil shielding when pickups were installed
    - Bass received a full computerized PLEK fret leveling and setup (from philtone.com , former PRS luthier Phil Jacoby). Cost was $150 for this! More info on PLEK ---> http://www.plek.com/en_US/home/
    - New DR Low Riders installed
    - Bass was modded to have B string have "thru-body" stringing with ferrel installed. Nice tight B for a 34" scale.

Action is very, very low and buzz free. The Q-tuner pickups provide a very nice fundamental without sacrificing low end. Bass sounds and plays amazing.

Only "issue" is that the previous owner did a poor job on the re-finish on the back of the body (finish on front is original) when the ferrel was installed. Paint has some orange peel tecture to it, but is functional and durable. You can also see poor sanding around the ferrel and some dings. Bass is a "player" bass and not a factory stock museum or mint bass, but plays and sounds like a million bucks. Bass includes a nice Roadrunner hardshell case and factory tools (allen wrenches, etc). Strap in picture NOT included.

Not sure what I'm looking for in trades. I'm pretty set as far as cabs go.

Value of the Q-tuner pickups + Plek work + new strings alone total about $500. Add in the value of the American Jazz V and the case and you get the idea...

Make no mistake, this is a players bass (some scratches, a few dings, etc), but sounds and plays like a million bucks! I'm probably going to list her on Evil Bay this eve, so hit me up here soon if you are interested in this beauty.

DSCF0436.

DSCF0434.

DSCF0438.

DSCF0439.

DSCF0431.

DSCF0441.

DSCF0445.

DSCF0446.

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Gotta unload this. Now on Evil Bay (but still avail here).

3. NateMan

NateMan

Jul 17, 2008
    Palm Coast FL
    This bad boy is a diamond in disguise... I know whatcha got there... I've got some trade offers so check your messages..