Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FT: NIB DiMarzio Ultra Jazz Neck P/up

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by RoyQBiv, Jun 25, 2003.

1. RoyQBiv

RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    I just bought two brand new, never installed DiMarzio Ultra Jazz pickups, both neck position. (The deal was just too good to pass up!) I'm interested in trading one of them for a different bridge pickup, preferably something a bit more modern sounding, new or good condition. Will entertain all offers, passive only please.

2. RoyQBiv

RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    Will also consider trades for other neck pickups. I can't believe nobody has jumped on this one yet. People can't stop ranting about the Ultra Jazzes.

3. RoyQBiv

RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
  4. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I probably don't have much for a trade you would be interested in, but what about just selling one outright?

5. RoyQBiv

RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    Make me an offer. The worst I can do is say no. ;)

6. PM sent.

I know your plight, not many people are interested in a neck pickup by itself. Lots of sets seem to get split up so the neck pickup can go into a PJ set. OH, well.
    BT

7. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    How much for a pickup?

8. RoyQBiv

RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    Like I said originally, I'm primarily interesting in trades. Since no one has offered up any, I am accepting offers to buy it, but it's only fair to warn you all that unless the right offer to buy it comes along, I'm leaning towards just installing them both (since they are individually humbucking, the only difference between the neck and the bridge is an 1/8" in length) in my Jazz and giving it a try.

In summary: still looking for trades, still accepting offers to buy but not extremely likely to take any of them.

9. Prefab

Prefab

Dec 16, 2001
    San
    Would you be interested in a Bart 9Jl bridge pup?