1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT-Nordy Big Splits/Roscoe LG 3005

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by CactusmanDoug, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Up for trade is a set of Big Splits that are custom made for the 5 string Roscoe LGs.

They will be coming back to me from the factory in a few days with new pup covers and some other ones that are off-set 1/8 " (I needed to do this as the pup cuts on my LG were off 1/8"). Also included will be the new stock centered covers so you can use whatever fits best.

I would like to trade these custom jewels for a set of Roscoe Barts and a set of Roscoe CBs.

I sold 2 sets of Roscoe Barts a year or so ago for $65.00 a pair to give you an idea of my value of them.

I'm not really interested in cash but since it's required to post a price, I'll take $185.00 shipped con US.

All the best,

Doug

2. Tuesday Bump-

I will post pics as soon as they arrive from Nordstrand. Mike has reconditioned them and they are in new condition. The only reason I'm trading these pups is they don't produce the tone I'm looking for in conjunction with my new Demeter preamp.

My suggestion would be to try the Bartolini pre with them as some Roscoeheads have and enjoyed the results. The Demeter/Big Split combo was just too open for my ear.

Please feel free to ask any questions or include comments regarding your own Big Split experiences in Roscoe Basses.

3. Zombbg4

Zombbg4

Jul 15, 2008
    Olympia,Wa
    What exactly makes them custom, the wind? String spacing? Or just the cover?

4. The string spacing...these pups will only fit the slanted 5-string LGs. Either cover that is included in this deal will fit these pups. One set of covers is offset to move the pickup poles over 1/8".

5. Zombbg4

Zombbg4

Jul 15, 2008
    Olympia,Wa
    Hmm, ok. Do you know the spacing?

6. Sorry Bro,

The boys over at Nordstrand would know but it would have to be slighlty wider than stock spacing on straight pups (which would be the spacing on Roscoe SKB, Century, or LGs that have straight pups).

Sorry, I don't know that off hand but some of the other Roscoeheads would. :)

7. Zombbg4

Zombbg4

Jul 15, 2008
    Olympia,Wa
    Ah shoot, that's what I was thinking but I was hoping they'd be tighter spaced :crying: Bump for ya, good luck with the deal.

8. Thanks for the questions and the bump. It helps others that need some answers to spacing as well. :)

All the best-
    Doug

9. dataBASS5

dataBASS5

Nov 8, 2006
    Raleigh, NC

The thing that makes these "custom" is the cactus needles Doug has epoxied to the covers. Do NOT be alarmed! Remain calm!

This actually helps w/ technique if you're heavy-handed! You can only go "YOOOOOOOWCH!!!" so many times before you start playing w/ a softer touch! :bassist:

10. These are special, non-toxic needles for the novice technique approach. :smug:

Hey Data, you should put these on a LG with slants, I think you'll really dig 'em!

11. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    This would be great for a Roscoe LG owner that's looking for a slight change in looks and tone. They should really give an LG a nice slap tone and open up the sound.

Bump for a great TB'er!

What's up Douglas?

12. Hey Big Joe!

Thanks for the kind words and the bump.

The Single Coil tone is great. I might revisit it when I have a bass with a Bart pre...possibly a fretless.

See you 'round campus,

Doug :)

13. Saturday Bump

14. dataBASS5

dataBASS5

Nov 8, 2006
    Raleigh, NC

I'd like to give this knucklehead a BUMP on Saturday, and so would this handsome guy!

attachment.

15. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    These are some nice sounding pickups. Though I can't say much about CD, the pickups are priced right! :D

16. I do like them as well... :bassist:

I'm really looking forward to using something more compressed with the Demeter and If I end up keeping the Big Splits, I'll probably run them through a Bart pre.

17. Okay...somebody trade for these pickups or I'm sending Baron Von Poachdog's grandpa out for you!!! :help:

18. Wednesday Bump

19. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    These pickups are definitely worth the price.

As for this guy, I think he has been in CD's Peyote patch.

attachment.

20. Yep, good deal on the pups. Somebody's gonna dig em.

No trades yet? Come on Roscoeheads, check out the single coil tone on your LG. :hyper:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.