1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FT Only - Mesa 400+

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by mlwarriner, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    Super good condition Mesa Bass 400+. Recent tubes (not exactly sure on the age. It was retubed "shortly" before I got it a few months ago). Hasn't been pushed hard or abused since I got it. Will shoot some pics and post later this evening.

Trade-wise, I'm only interested in 2x10 or 2x12, fairly high-powered (400 watts minimum) combo amps. Depending on the amp, I'd like to get some cash out of the deal too (or other bass goodies...).

In general order of preference:
    GK 1001RB/210 Combo
    Genz Benz NeoX 210T
    SWR Silverado II combo (2x12, not 4x8)
    Aguilar
    Eden
    Trace Elliot
    Ashdown
    Fender
    Peavey

OK, after doing some research, I've found that several of the amps I listed above aren't capable of powering a 4ohm external cabinet...so we'll lift that requirement. However, I will still need to be able to power an external cabinet from time to time, so keep that in mind...

Ideally, I'd like to work this deal near to Kansas City, to avoid shipping costs and hassles, but I'm willing to listen to offers from anywhere in the US. We'll negotiate shipping expenses as required, based on the deal that's on the table. Willing to drive a few hours in any direction from KC.

PM me, post here, or email me through my TB profile with interest, offers, etc.

2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Not on your list, but I've got a silverado 4x8 with lds long throw 8's in it

3. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    will it run a 4ohm external cab? and stand alone for smaller gigs?

4. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    It says it's 2 ohn ready, and I've used it like that
    It's not hella loud stand alone, but it sounds great

5. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    hmm. but don't you already have a mesa 400+?

6. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    400; it's been in the shop ever since i got it

7. Hmm. Ive got a Gk 700 RBII and a 410 Gk cabinet. Meet the requirements?

8. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    *might* also consider good quality heads in the 400 to 600 watt range (plus cash from you if needed to equalize the deal).

however, i really have no need of other bass cabs. if i'm going to stay with the head/cab setup, i'll keep my bag end 2x12 :cool:

9. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    PM coming your way! :D

10. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    ok, after some re-thinking, i think i'm going to have a custom air-head cabinet built by LDS, so the "combo" requirement is not necessarily binding any more.

however, i am soooo gassing to try a GK head. so. trade considerations now opened up to nearly all heads, 400 watts plus, would prefer 2ohm stable but it's not an absolute. preferential treatment given for GK stuff, but will consider most other offers. the only things i'm not interested in are other all-tube heads (unless you've got a trace elliot v8 you're willing to part with) and ampeg. i just don't care for their sound.

oh, and any trade offer heads MUST be rackable. please.

and if you absolutely must purchase this head outright, my cash sale price is $1,000.

pics are forthcoming, i promise.

11. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    the mesa is gone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.