1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FT or FS - 2005 LE Stingray 5 and 2010 G&L L-2500 Custom.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Trabeen, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trabeen

Trabeen Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Idaho
    Two sweet fives here, I'd very much prefer trading them both for one worthy sixer but in lieu of the right swap will sell either of them for $1225 shipped / insured CONUS.

The Stingray is a 2005 Limited Edition 5H, it sounds like a great Stingray should and looks completely cool and such all dressed up in the classic buttercream / tortise finery. Includes the original LE brown tolex case, both the case and the bass are in excellent shape with nothing to report other than a bit of light playwear on the pickguard. 9.5 pounds on the bathroom scale, 34" scale with a 17.5 mm spacing.

The G&L is a 2010 USA Custom L-2500, great swamp ash body pimped with a flame maple top. This one has the factory K switch to add single-coil to the usual series / parallel settings, the famed roar on these basses tempered with a Jazzy custom option. Includes the original fitted black tolex G&L case, both the bass and case are in excellent condition with nothing to report. 9 pounds on the bathroom scale, 34" scale with a 17.5 mm spacing.

Ideally I'd like to swap both for one nice sixer, I have a bit of a preference for maple boards and Barts but am open to all others. 34" or 35", 17 to 19 mm spacing; if you have a six available that you value around the price of both of these basses offer it up and let us both get what we seek...

001_zpsfe9a25d7.

002_zps3184159d.

004_zps567a372a.

005_zps97706b9d.

2. tewtewvu

tewtewvu

Jan 1, 2012
    Texas
    Would you happen to be interested in trading you G&L L2500 for a USA G&L L2500 fretless? It is sunburst with ebony fingerboard. I know you wanted a 6 stringer but I just thought id throw it out there

3. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Could you show one straight-on close-up shot of the neck and body? The spacing on these has been off, in relation to the fretboard, and this one's pretty, so I'm curious!

Thanks, man.

4. rojo412

rojo412 Walnut is fun! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Both nice basses!

5. Trabeen

Trabeen Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Idaho
    The pair be traded and headed East; thanks and enjoy, Jim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.