FT Peavey Palaedium Jeff Berlin sig.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by vcat, Jan 28, 2006.

1. vcat

Jun 2, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Hey everyone,

I am not sure yet whether I want to do it, but here's a feeler for Peavey Palaedium - a Jeff Berlin signature model. You probably know this model, if not here are the specs - Alder body, maple neck with dual graphite rods in it, and thick ebony fingerboard, bad ass bridge. It has absolutely crazy neck - very very thin and fast. It is the thinest neck I have ever played and probably the thinest neck ever created. Both front to back and top to bottom - it makes the Jazz neck feel chunky. It has wonderful playability - it is hands down the most comfortable bass I have ever played. It also is feather light. As far as tone is concerned it has tons of it. It is one of the basses that you can plug into almost anything and it will sound good even without eq. Pickups are passive quad coil humbuckers; very similar to Bartolinis. Jeff recorded couple of albums with it - "taking notes" is one of them. Here's a link to Jeff playing his Palaedium; in these tunes he soloes the bridge pickup:

The condition is good - it has been played a lot, but not abused. There are some dings, but nothing major. I'll provide more info if anyone is interested.

I would prefer to trade it for a 5 string g&l or tribute 2500. It is the only bass that I am really interested in, but feel free to make me an offer if you have another 5 or 6 string bass of similar quality. I would prefer to trade it, not really interested in selling. But if you want to make me a good offer, I'll consider it.

2. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    These are incredible basses. I'll NEVER sell mine. The playability is second to none. Free Bump.
  3. vcat

Jun 2, 2004
    Charleston, SC

Thanks for the interest and free bumps! The bass is 100% stock, but I am not the original owner. Furhermore, I'll probably have the tone and volume pots replaced in the near future - they started to develop a bad habit of cutting out when in certain positions. The age is starting to show on them I guess. From what I know, the previous owner of this bass lived in southern texas.

4. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    Where's Philbiker with the 'Amen'?
  5. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I was thinking the same thing.
  6. vcat

Jun 2, 2004
    Charleston, SC