1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT: QSC GX-5 + SKB Roto X 4 space rack

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by scolba, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scolba

scolba

Mar 24, 2009
    Bloomington, IL
    Up for trade here is a QSC GX-5 amp in a SKB Roto 4 space rack. The amp is in great shape, purchased right here on TB just a few months ago. The previous owner had installed a silent fan on it, and it ran great for him. I haven't even had the opportunity to fire it up for myself. So sad, I know. Has plenty of power:
    8 ohms / 1 kHz (both channels driven) 500 W
    8 ohms / 1 kHz (single channel driven) 600 W
    4 ohms / 1 kHz (both channels driven) 700 W
    4 ohms / 1 kHz (single channel driven) 850 W

The Roto X case is also in good shape, with a few things to note. There are a few scuffs on the back lid, and there are no rubber feet on the bottom. Also there is a hole on the back lid. I think the previous owner had done it to pass through a power cord. Other than that, very clean

Also included are 2, 2-conductor Speak-on cables. They are just a touch over 5' each. I made the from ProCo Power Plus 12-2, and then used the Neutrik ends. They are solder free ends, so super easy to service on the off chance that something happens to it.

So my goal is to try and trade for a 5 string. I had a Squier HM5 and the string spacing was a little too tight for me, so it went down the road. So I am looking for another one to try now. I would LOOOOOOVE a Cirrus BXP, or even the other Peavey BXP's with the same pups, but I would really entertain about any 5. If you are interested, but you feel that we are a little far apart on value, still drop me a line and we can figure something out.

So let me know what you got!

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. scolba

scolba

Mar 24, 2009
    Bloomington, IL
    one more pic

Attached Files:

3. Any interest in an outright sale? My daughter is looking for an amp for a practice PA she is trying to put together.

4. scolba

scolba

Mar 24, 2009
    Bloomington, IL
    Yeah, I probably would. The value of that stuff combined, plus shipping is a little shocking though. Looks like it would be around $400 to your location.

5. scolba

scolba

Mar 24, 2009
    Bloomington, IL
    bump before separating things out

6. Balog

Balog

Mar 19, 2009
    Mukilteo, WA
    Can this be ran in bridged mono? Also, any interest in a Peavey Foundation 5 with the Super Ferrite pups? Thanks.

7. scolba

scolba

Mar 24, 2009
    Bloomington, IL
    Negative, the GX series doesn't have a bridge mode.

As for the trade, I actually decided to start a build, so this is going to be broken up and listed FS only here shortly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.