Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FT: Raven Labs PMB-II

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by slombovia, Nov 10, 2004.

1. slombovia

slombovia

Jul 15, 2003
    Utah
    I am a determined follower of Jesus Christ and am a Mormon.
    Anybody want to trade their Radial Bassbone for my Raven Labs Master Blender? I now play two passive basses exclusively, and the PMB-II is high impedance on one channel and low impedance input on the other (great for an active bass). The PMB is, of course, OOP now.

Thanks,
    Tom H.

2. I might be interested in buying the the PMB-II for my Keyboard player. How much would you sell for?

3. slombovia

slombovia

Jul 15, 2003
    Utah
    :bassist:

4. slombovia

slombovia

Jul 15, 2003
    Utah
    If I decide to sell this can any of you tell me what's fair? List was $399 and selling price was $299. Now they are OOP. I know somebody that eBay'd theirs for what they paid new.

Another question: Steve Rabe said he would replace my power adapter (died after just a couple weeks) and fix the broken mute knob. Should I get that done and then sell it or just sell it for less.

I'm kind of thinking out loud. If somebody wants to make me an offer, I'll consider it. Otherwise, I'll just ship it to Raven Labs, I guess.

Thanks,
    Tom H.

5. slombovia

slombovia

Jul 15, 2003
    Utah
    ...and I am no longer interested in the ToneBone. Jack Read gave me two passive inputs with an A/B switch on my Purity. If you are interested in buying this Master Blender I'll let you know when I get it back.

6. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    I've used my PMB with two passive instruments a lot with no problems. Most active inputs just have a 10db or so pad that could more than likely be made switchable very easily. Since you can't get another PMB are you sure you really want to sell it? It's a very versatile piece of gear.

7. slombovia

slombovia

Jul 15, 2003
    Utah
    ...but I can't afford, as a family man, to keep every piece of gear that might come in handy once in a while. Both my passive basses sound better straight into my Purity (than thru the PMBII) and the dual inputs with A/B switch on the Purity make the PMBII unnecessary. I also like to keep things as simple as possible.

Same goes with my Mesa WalkAbout. I love it. Perfect for rehearsals and small gigs. But I like my Read Purity/Stewart 1.2 better and need the money from WalkAbout to pay myself back for the new rig.

Tom H.