Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FT- Rickenbacker 4003 Jetglo

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Scott D, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey guys, i'm not totally sure if i'm going through with this, but i want to see what i could get if i do. This has basically been sitting in it's case for a month. I've found out that my ATK works better in my hardcore band. This one was made in April of 2001, perfect condition. Only blem is small scratch (about 1/2) inch long on the headstock, but it's on the side facing you, so you can only see it. Oh, also there is a small paint chip missing, but you seriously have to scan the back of the bass to find it. It is smaller then a needle-prick. You won't even notice it. Has been set up recently, and plays like a dream with absoulutely NO fret buzz. Neck is in perfect condition, everything is nice and tight. I have the bridge cover on now, but i could take it off if you like. Includes the case candy, Rickenbacker hardshell case (with a few small scratches). I have a digital camera, and if you would like some pics of specific things, all you have to do is ask. I'll be looking for 4 or 5 strings, just run it by me. Something like a G&L L-2000 or L-2500 would be fantastic. In the pic, all the things that could look like scratches/chips are simply camera flash.

Peace,
    Scott D.

EDIT-I forgot to add that I (*Unlike RIC*) will include the straplock tops. Has Schaller posts and tops-Chrome.

2. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

pm sent

3. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Oh NOW you want to get rid of it :)

4. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    PM back at you

@ Rob- Well, i've been noticing how much i love my ATK, and the Ric just isn't really my thing.

Peace,
    Scott D.

5. Haha...you go through basses quicker then The Bass Guru :)

6. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Actually, I'm worse than him :) Since October '02 I've had:

Ibanez SR400, Ibanez AEB30LG, Dean Edge 4 Fretless, Tobias Growler 4, Dean JB Standard, Carvin LB75P, Schecter Stiletto Elite 4, Cort B4FL, G&L JB-2, MM Sterling, Yamaha BB604, MTD Kingston Fretless, MM Sterling Fretless

Now I finally have a G&L L-2000. And we're talking about someone who doesn't play out here :)

EDIT: Scott is more of an amp 'ho :)

7. Damn Toby...thats some serious GAS you have buddy.

I always wanted to play a Kingston,they just look like I'd love them:meh:

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Romeo, how do the Fatties work out for ya?

9. I'll trade you an Alvarez sixer.

Meh, I don't have anything else I want to give up.

I wouldn't mind owning a 4003 though...:)

10. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Tim- the Fatties suck. That pic was taken in august, and i just bought some cheap strings (said fatties), but now it's got Rotosound 66's that have been on for about 2 weeks.

Kaz-No thanks, not looking for 6'ers.

Thanks,
    Scott D.

P.S.-I've been getting some emails about trading Fender's, and i'm not interested in Fender's unless it's a Roscoe Beck 5.

11. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Would you be willing to let it go for cash? You get some cash and there's some nice looking L-2500s on ebay for around $500

12. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I might. PM me some offers.

Peace,
    Scott D.

13. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    This bass is gone. Will be traded to BFunk for beautiful L-2000. Thanks for all of the offers.

Natrab-there is another TBer selling a Fireglo 4003. Check that out.

Thanks,
    Scott D.