1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT: Ritter Swordsteel 6 String Sets (2)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Folmeister, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    At one point the only Ritter strings I could find were two sets of six-string at Bass Emporium. I still have them, and would like to trade them for the same in five-string. Ritters only, please!

2. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Are the low string guages the same as the 5 string set?

Just a thought. IIRC, TBer arbitrary plays his 5 string Ritter tuned E-C. Maybe he'd be interested in the high strings, so he could just get a 4 string set? Haven't talked to him, don't know what strings he's using, or if he's looking. Just trying to help out my Ritter bros.

Marshall

3. Hmm...I've got a 5-string set of Ritter "Black Knights" strings. They're Swordsteel strings that have a black coating. Lightly used (less than 4 hours playing time).

Let me know if that interests you. I bought them from Jens a while ago and it took about a month to get to me. By that time I had changed my mind and didn't like the look of black strings on that bass. So I didn't play 'em very much. They sounded awesome though. :)

4. Folmeister

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I supposed they were, just one extra string. These were so hard to find that I really didn't think about it. I guess I could just sell the C strings?

5. Folmeister

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Oooh, that's something! Unfortunately, I don't like a coated string. Thanks, but sorry!

6. EBMatt

EBMatt

Nov 21, 2003
    Springfield, MA
    The gauges are the same in the 5 string as they are in the 6 string set. Only difference is the added .32 gauge for the C.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2021