1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT: Robot factory meatwad

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by CactusBass, Oct 2, 2010.

1. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    Great filter, just got it a few weeks ago from a TB'er. Bottom line is this filter has too many controls and adjustments for me. I think a total of 6-7 knobs and 3-4 switches, my ADD isn't having it. SO, i am looking to trade +/- cash for another envelope filter or a bass head or cab +/- cash.
    This is NOT for sale, only for trade.
    Thanks!!

P.S. pedal has the added clean/cut knob installed taboot!

2. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    PM...

3. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    replied. To clarify I am kinda looking to get away from "boutique" pedals. Filters I am looking for are MXR or maybe even try the 00 funk, other pedals would be a synth, possibly a fuzz and maybe a compressor. Also looking for either a combo (over 150w)
    or a reasonable head ( eden wt330 ish) or a 2x10 cab or similar.
    Also LA is local.

4. SonourBrum

SonourBrum

Apr 7, 2006
    What's up with this pedal?.... It's been traded about 5 times! I have something to trade, but should I be concerned? I am sending you a pm.

5. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

I believe that I owned this pedal. After selling it I bought a Lovetone Meatball. I turned around and sold that even quicker. I actually prefer the Meatwad but they are both complex pedals that have a high learning curve. Perfect for studio, but time consuming for other endeavors.

6. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    Great pedal for sure, I just need something much more simple. Hoping I can make something happen. So far all offers have been high end pedals.

7. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    Responded. This is fun! Keep em coming! Considering some stuff i hadnt thought of previously to trade...

8. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    Story of my life...now looking to buy something else...pedal can be had for $230 shipped.
    FIRM. Retails for 319 + 40 boost knob. Great deal here folks!

9. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    Ok so to update found a new filter. SO now pretty open to trades for pedals of lesser value. Not sure what exactly I want or need, maybe some compression maybe a cheap 5 string...keep offers (whatever) comin....THANKS!

10. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    UP!

11. Blankmann44

Blankmann44

Sep 23, 2007
    Don't be concerned that its not a quality pedal. Its very high quality, i've owned mine for 3 years now. However, just like a few posters before me have noted, it is a pedal with a very high learning curve. You really have to tweak it and massage it. I won't be getting rid of mine any time soon as other envelopes just don't seem in the same league when it comes to thick, wet envelope goodness. I've owned a digitech bass synth wah, ehx baseballs, moog lpf, akai deep impact (which isn't just an envelope filter, so maybe i shouldn't have mentioned), ehx qtron+ and for wet autowah the meatwad owns them all, hands down.

12. Blankmann44

Blankmann44

Sep 23, 2007
    I feel like i should say that despite my positive review of the pedal, it's not a box to try and get multiple different sounds from, I'll explain. I pretty much use my meatwad for one sound, and i keep two other envelopes on my board at all times to fill in the gaps. Like people have said, its got a lot of knobs and switches, and when i dial in the sound i want i try not to mess with it (for fear of losing it). So, when i want an autowah for picking, great - i use the meatwad. Slapping tends to not jive that well with my settings on the meatwad, so i keep a baseballs just for the slap-wah. Also, i keep a moog lowpass filter on board because of its expression capabilities. The meatwad could be set to occupy any of my 3 wah sound needs, but like i was saying, its basically impossible to change stuff on the fly, or even between songs - its just too hard/time consuming because of the sheer complexity of the pedal.

Hope someone can get something out of this rambling post..

13. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    Thx for the bump. Still looking to trade for fuzz and or phaser...

14. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    Up for this awesome filter

15. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    Yea...

16. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    Ok so just got serious gas for something. Only thing I will trade for is a phaser or a good fuzz. OR sell outright for $225 shipped. Will not go any lower on price...

17. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    Also will trade for humbuckers and wiring harness and pots for an active 5 string.

18. SonourBrum

SonourBrum

Apr 7, 2006
    Well CB, it looks like you really want cash instead of a trade... I offered you a righteous fuzz (Hairy Balls). I'll even throw in $50 to make it worth your while. As for phasers, I've got the classic EP-1 pigtronix with the expression pedal and in-house mods OR the Auxiliary Workshop Smoke and Mirrors. Both sound great with bass, however, they are probably the biggest extremes when it comes to phasers. The Piggie is really versatile and can make all kinds of phasing and inverted phasing sounds coupled with an envelope filter, whereas the S&M is really just a subtle sine wave but with just the right amount of intensity. Either one of the phasers can be had plus $50 also for the Meatwad.

Lastly, I've got a Dave Hall VT2 Dual Bass that I will trade straight up for the Meatwad. Really excellent for hard mid to low drive gain... and will also get pretty fuzzrocius if neccessary. That's all I got that may fit your trade requirements... PM me if interested or to make a counter offer! All pedals are in great shape!

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021