1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT: Sadowsky MS4 for excellent 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kerryg, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kerryg

kerryg Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Vancouver BC, Canada
    SOLD

Hi all. I'm going to lame out - my digital camera is trashed. I'll see if I can get some pix up ASAP.

I was looking for a 5 string J style bass about six months ago and I was in my local music store and came across a Sadowsky MS4 sitting on the rack. Against my better judgement, since I was looking for a 5'er, I picked it up and played it. Unhappily, it was lovely - one of the "good 'uns", a sweet neck, a real player. So I grabbed it and I've gigged it happily since, but my main gig really requires a 5'er. Reluctantly my MS4 is on the block.

Ash/maple. Natural color (looks pretty much identical to this stock photo http://www.doctorbass.net/imagftp/Sadowsky-MS4-Nat.jpg). No VTC. Excellent condition, no dings. Light (don't have an exact weight) Pristine hardshell case included (I put it in a gigbag right away). Did I mention this is one of the "good 'uns"?

Trade preferences, in order, with cash adjustments if needed:

Nordy 5'er. Sadowsky metro 5'er - first preference rosewood FB and burst, but I'll consider others. LEJ is possible; not 100% what I'm looking for, but hey. After that - what have you got in a reasonably lightweight 5 string J that's going to blow me away? No heavy planks, I'm an old man now. And nothing that involves too much cash on my end. Hit me.

PS: I'm in Vancouver BC, Canada, but I'm happy to ship and receive via a Point Roberts WA (45 min south of me), so consider it domestic US for the purposes of the transaction. References available.

PS: As I also have it listed on my local Craigslist for $1700 CAD, I'll sell here at $1550 USD (or $1650 CAD) cash plus actual shipping from 98281.

2. kerryg

kerryg Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Vancouver BC, Canada
    And a Wed evening bump...

3. cripula

cripula

Dec 20, 2006
    Canada
    I can vouch for this bass - and the seller!

This is a REALLY nice Metro, it plays and sounds great and doesn't weigh a ton.
    If I had something to trade... I would. It's sweet.

4. kerryg

kerryg Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Vancouver BC, Canada
    Thank you Mr F - it is rather nice, isn't it? Got a prospective buyer coming by this afternoon, and if he's serious and has cash in hand - well - there are three or four basses that have caught my eye and might serve rather well, so I may be back in the Land of Five soon.

Damned composers and their low "C"s.

5. kerryg

kerryg Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Vancouver BC, Canada
    Thanks all; bass has been sold locally, closing thread...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.