Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FT: Sadowsky Standard 5

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by mikezimmerman, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Would like to trade older Sadowsky Standard 5, with maple neck/board and beautiful figured maple top in cherry sunburst, for Sadowsky Vintage 5, preferably with alder body rosewood board. This bass plays and sounds wonderful, but I'm used to rosewood boards, and something a little warmer, more traditional and less fancy looking might suit the stuff I'm playing better.

The bass has Bart humbuckers with the standard Sadowsky preamp, along with black Gotoh bridge and tuners. Comes with either and generig hardshell case or nice Lakland gigbag.

Will consider selling outright for $2000, but would really prefer a trade on another Sadowsky.

Thanks!
    Mike

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    They look like J pickups not humbuckers?

3. "Humbuckers" means that they have two coils to reject 60-cycle hum, not that they come in a soapbar casing. The older Sadowsky Standards and Vintages offered them as an option, before Sadowsky came up with his own J-style humbucker.

Mike