Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FT/ Spector NS5CRFM, amber

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by djphil, Mar 9, 2004.

1. 2002 Czech Spector NS5CRFM, amber finish, very, very pretty bass. Near-mint condition, comes with 24-frets, EMG pickups and preamp, crown inlays, gold hardware. No nicks, dings, scratches, etc.. that I can find on the whole thing! Sounds great in a live or recording setting. Very clean and powerful sound. These basses are very hot, btw, even for being only 9V powered. Comes with Spector OHSC and has the pins for Schaller gold Straplocks already installed (as I think that's what Spector stocks them with nowadays). Bought "new" (someone bought it for a week, brought it back when the store got his custom Alembic 6 in... just to tide him over, I guess!) from Guitar Resurrection in Austin, TX last fall.

EDIT: Looking now for a Lakland 55-02 Deluxe only! Natural/maple or 3-tone burst/maple please... Am now willing to sell the bass outright as I've found a few places that are stocking the bass I want. PM me and we'll talk! Thanks.

2. Ok, I've decided that a Lakland 55-02 would be a great trade, and you'd definitely make out on the deal, value-wise! Any finish would be considered, as long as it has a maple board. 3-tone burst w/ white pickguard would just be too perfect for words, or any 3-tone bass, as I can get a pickguard! :p

3. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    Would you consider selling it outright?

GS

4. Definitely. I'm going to give it a week or so before I consider doing that. It's just a lot easier to trade for something you want, if somebody else wants want you have, and they want your product, etc.. I'm seeing if I can get any bites on my Lakland deal, but if not, yeah, I'll be selling it. Let me know if you want first dibs on it, btw.

5. Whoa, hey, you're right up the road, so we wouldn't have to ship anything! Yeah, it's definitely yours first if I end up selling it then! :)

6. Bump for it being out and about and up for sale!!!

7. Tajimodo

Tajimodo

Feb 1, 2004
    Shrewsbury, MA
    Photos?

Price?

thanks

8. thumpmaster

thumpmaster

Feb 22, 2002
    Maryland
    I owned a Lakland 55-02 deluxe. Very nice bass! excellent tonal variations! Well put together, but didn't feel comfortable to play. I also have a Spector NC4CRFM. Very well made, excellent feel, well balance, not as versatile as the Lakland, but still has awesome tone. As far as getting rid of the Spector for a Lakland. NEVER!!! While the Lakland is a great studio bass, the Spector is a much better bass for live application. its like a glove, well balance, and cuts through like tomahawk.

9. Actually these have Fishman Power Doublers in them that runs it at 18V using only one 9V battery.

10. Sanctum- well that explains a lot then! God that thing is hard to keep under control sometimes.

thump- this is my 3rd Spector, and I always come back to them, so if I end up not really liking a Lakland, I'll just get another NS5. :) I've been playing them for about 2 years straight, and I've tried Modulus, Jazz, and Warwick basses, but Spectors are all superior. I just want to see if I can get some more enjoyable sounds from my rig. My Spector has mainly one tone/sound, and even though that's great, I'd like to see if I can get some more versatility.

11. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
  12. Yeah, sorry guys. I'm at home/out and around for Spring Break this week, so I don't have any of my pics and stuff to post pics right now, but PM me if you want some, and I'll make sure and update this thread ASAP with some detailed pics for y'all. I've had a few offers, so please inquire if you're interested!
    Thanks- RSB

13. UPDATE:

Ok, I forgot I had 2 pics of the bass posted over on ebassist.com, so here's the links:

bass alone

the middle one (naturally)

PM me with an offer. I've found a few basses in the style/model I want that are cheaper than I thought, so lemme know what you'd like to pay!

14. Poon- PM replied.

SMASH- yeah, that's my first bass. It was/is a Peavey Milestone II that I defretted, covered the board w/ epoxy, sanded down the back of the neck, spray-painted silver, covered with epoxy and sequense. Have Fenfer flats on it. Sounds pretty good, for what it's worth! People love for me to play the Charvel on stage. Doesn't sound or play 100%, but people love to see it.

15. Still up for sale right now! My trade deal fell through. PM me with an offer. Will probably be hitting the 'Bay this coming next week, so if you want to jump on this, just gimme a holler.

16. Bump! Bass is still up for sale. PM me an offer. I think I've found a replacement, so lemme know what you think is fair!

Thanks.

17. Bass is now up for sale for $875 plus shipping!

18. Bump this one too!

NEEEEEEEEEEEED to sell... $875 plus $30 shipping for this mint NS5 is a killer deal! Someone needs to bite!!! :hyper: :cool: