1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FT: SSD NS-4 fretless for an NS-5 fretted?

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by IndyBass, Jun 16, 2005.

1. IndyBass

IndyBass

Jun 11, 2005
    Central Indiana
    Just testing the trade waters here:

I have an SSD NS-4 unlined fretless that I ordered from Stuart in October 1994. This is a USA neck-thru bass. I am the original and only owner. I'm looking to "trade up" (with cash) into a nice fretted five (maybe another Spector USA neck-thru)?

Images here: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/indyjeneric/my_photos

Specs: Thick ebony fingerboard (nice mwah), quilted maple wings. Natural oil finish. 18v electronics w/ EMG soapbar pups.

There are two shallow scratches on the edge (treble side) of the body. I tried to capture them in one of the images. Very hard to see from any distance. There is also a hairline crack in the plastic truss rod cover (at one of the screw holes).

This is a great player. Used to be a gigging and recording bass years ago, but hasn't left my (smoke-free) house in some years now. Would love to see it go to a good home where its voice would be heard more often!

Thanks!
    Eric (IndyBass)

Attached Files:

2. IndyBass

IndyBass

Jun 11, 2005
    Central Indiana
    Non-Spector trade offers are welcome, too. Spector is where my comfort zone is, but I really just want to get into a nice fiver (with some cash from my end to make up any differences, of course).

Thanks,
    Eric

3. IndyBass

IndyBass

Jun 11, 2005
    Central Indiana
    Bump for the fretless.