Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FT: SSD NS-4 fretless for an NS-5 fretted?

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by IndyBass, Jun 16, 2005.

1. IndyBass

IndyBass

Jun 11, 2005
    Central Indiana
    Just testing the trade waters here:

I have an SSD NS-4 unlined fretless that I ordered from Stuart in October 1994. This is a USA neck-thru bass. I am the original and only owner. I'm looking to "trade up" (with cash) into a nice fretted five (maybe another Spector USA neck-thru)?

Images here: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/indyjeneric/my_photos

Specs: Thick ebony fingerboard (nice mwah), quilted maple wings. Natural oil finish. 18v electronics w/ EMG soapbar pups.

There are two shallow scratches on the edge (treble side) of the body. I tried to capture them in one of the images. Very hard to see from any distance. There is also a hairline crack in the plastic truss rod cover (at one of the screw holes).

This is a great player. Used to be a gigging and recording bass years ago, but hasn't left my (smoke-free) house in some years now. Would love to see it go to a good home where its voice would be heard more often!

Thanks!
    Eric (IndyBass)

Attached Files:

2. IndyBass

IndyBass

Jun 11, 2005
    Central Indiana
    Non-Spector trade offers are welcome, too. Spector is where my comfort zone is, but I really just want to get into a nice fiver (with some cash from my end to make up any differences, of course).

Thanks,
    Eric

3. IndyBass

IndyBass

Jun 11, 2005
    Central Indiana
    Bump for the fretless.