1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT - Stingray 4 HH black with maple board for your Stingray 4 with rosewood

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Metropolis_488, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOW AVAILABLE FOR SALE - no one wants to trade, so I'll just have to buy a rw stingray.

This is in MINT condition. how does $1,200 shipped CONUS sound?

I have a brand new (first owner) Black SR4HH with a maple board that I want to trade for a Stingray 4 with a Rosewood board. Does not have to be an HH (single H is actually preferred as I only use that pickup anyway).

I bought this bass new from Bass Central in February. I REALLY love the tone. Thus I am only looking to trade for another SR4.

One thing about this bass - the neck has been sealed by Musicman with an epoxy hard finish. I actually prefer the feel of the epoxy to the oil, but I want a RW fretboard. I had EBMM do this for me last month - they also leveled the frets, the it plays like BUTTA! It feels like a nitro finish...very nice.

Pics tomorrow.

2. Pics and weight?

3. Pics coming in a little bit.
    As for weight...I have no bathroom scale. It's not lightweight (is any stingray?) but it's not the heaviest bass I have ever picked up. I'm guessing around 10 lbs.

4. View attachment 103875

To more accurately describe the epoxy finish on the neck - it feels just like the finish that comes stock on the headstock of the Stingray. Actually, they left the headstock untouched, and just sealed the back of the neck and fretboard.

Also, as for the condition of the bass - MINT! not a ding a scratch anywhere on the body or neck (just some finger smudges that wipe right off)

5. PM replied...

6. bump

7. tomd03

tomd03

Oct 8, 2004
    Alberta Canada
    Wow, I actually had the exact bass you were looking for, but I sold it to my friend a week and a half ago! Sorry!!
    Free bump though

8. Now available for sale - $1,200 shipped CONUS.

9. atauntaun

atauntaun

Sep 14, 2008
    Alameda, CA
    Endorser Jule Amps Monique
    Here's a bump for the only person I have ever stumbled across that lives in Walla Walla. I spent most of elementary school living in Walla Walla. A few years ago while on a West Coast Poor Mans Tour we played there at a place called the Polar Bear or something like that. Are there many places to play there?

10. Polar Bear? Never heard of it...
    No there are NO places to play around here...it's depressing, especially because I'm a born and raised New Yorker that moved here with my wife about 4 years ago... needless to say, the music scene in Manhattan is a bit better than Wally World.

11. atauntaun

atauntaun

Sep 14, 2008
    Alameda, CA
    Endorser Jule Amps Monique
    New York to Walla Walla.....I don't even want to think about what that change must have been like. As a kid I thought it was the greatest place ever. When I played that show there 15 years later, it was not quite the same as I remembered. Well have fun at the Hot Air Balloon festival or what ever it is they are doing for fun there these days. :) Oh and good luck on selling your bass.

12. Thanks!:D

13. Traded!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.