1. saxybill1

saxybill1 Attorney

Nov 9, 2004
    Recently, I acquired a Stinray 4 that I am having difficulties in playing. Too heavy and the neck is too large. I'm thinking of trading/selling for another, but am not sure of which to go for. These are the ones that I have some interest in, all 4 strings. G & L, Spector, Lakeland and Sterling. I do like the sound of the Stingray, I just can't last for 4 sets with it. What are your suggestions and why.
    As usual, my thanks
  2. Go with a Sterling. I have one (white sparkle, tort, rosewood)if youre interested e-mail me. Pics would be good. travis@torntempleveil.com
  3. Lakland, Lakland, Lakland, Lakland. In that order. Get the impression I like the Lakland. Check them out and be critical. Find the right Lakland that suits you and I bet you won't be disappointed. I bought my 4402 at Bass Central (Orlando, FL.) about 6 months ago and I haven't touched another bass since. Good Luck.
  4. Spiritfield

Mar 2, 2004
    G&L L-2000. Gives you a pretty close approximation of the Stingray sound using the bridge pickup only; but has all the tonal variations you could possibly need using the 3 switches and both pickups. And like Leo said " G&L guitars and basses are the best instruments I have ever made" Leo Fender.

High praise indeed from the man who invented the electric bass... :bassist:
  5. KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    I have a G&L L2000 in excellent condition available for a trade. It is on the heavy side but not to the extreme. PM me your email address if you are interested in seeing some pics.