Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1. saxybill1

saxybill1 Attorney

Nov 9, 2004
    Virginia
    Recently, I acquired a Stinray 4 that I am having difficulties in playing. Too heavy and the neck is too large. I'm thinking of trading/selling for another, but am not sure of which to go for. These are the ones that I have some interest in, all 4 strings. G & L, Spector, Lakeland and Sterling. I do like the sound of the Stingray, I just can't last for 4 sets with it. What are your suggestions and why.
    As usual, my thanks

2. Go with a Sterling. I have one (white sparkle, tort, rosewood)if youre interested e-mail me. Pics would be good. travis@torntempleveil.com

3. Lakland, Lakland, Lakland, Lakland. In that order. Get the impression I like the Lakland. Check them out and be critical. Find the right Lakland that suits you and I bet you won't be disappointed. I bought my 4402 at Bass Central (Orlando, FL.) about 6 months ago and I haven't touched another bass since. Good Luck.

4. Spiritfield

Spiritfield Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Jawja
    G&L L-2000. Gives you a pretty close approximation of the Stingray sound using the bridge pickup only; but has all the tonal variations you could possibly need using the 3 switches and both pickups. And like Leo said " G&L guitars and basses are the best instruments I have ever made" Leo Fender.

High praise indeed from the man who invented the electric bass... :bassist:

5. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    I have a G&L L2000 in excellent condition available for a trade. It is on the heavy side but not to the extreme. PM me your email address if you are interested in seeing some pics.