1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT: Sukop 6 string w/burl maple top and ebony board - * 34" SCALE *

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by climb, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    **AUDIO CLIP ADDED! **NOW FOR SALE ONLY**

Rare to see a 34" scale Sukop 6er! This is a fantastic, beautiful bass. You need to try a Sukop if you haven't! Mahogany body, maple neck w/ebony board. Awesome burl maple top with matching headstock. Frets are perfect. Everything you want in a 6er. Don't have the exact weight, but I'm guessing 9.5-10 lbs but will weigh if desired. If you're local, feel free to come by and check it out.

Asking $2500 shipped in HSC.

2. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    closeup

3. hasadari

hasadari Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2005
    For those of you unfamilar with Sukop, they are outstanding playing basses with an incredibly fast neck and tone as good as the best known high end basses. I have a SC 6'er and it has become my primary bass.

Good luck with sale. If I hadn't purchased another recently, I would be your buyer.

4. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Thanks Hasadari--if I recall correctly, I commented a lot on that thread where you were deciding between Ritter and Roscoe; my vote was for Sukop! Glad you went that way and like your bass. They are really special instruments.

5. hasadari

hasadari Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2005
    You have a great memory. I took your advice tried a couple and bought one at Rudy's in NYC. An outstanding bass that I play every day. Good luck with the sale.

6. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    I will go out on a limb and say that Sukops are arguably the easiest playing basses out there...

Now for sale only!

7. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    bump for my 34 incher...

8. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    I know the guy who bought this one from Steve Sukop, and I used to play it at his house here in NM. This bass is really great, the 34" makes it about the easiest 6 I have ever played. Bump for a great bass!

9. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Thanks Kotzman. Here's my first ever bass soundclip done direct into garageband. This wasn't done to advertise the bass; I was just noodling around trying to figure out how to record using an imac... so be gentle, I'm no pro.

10. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    bump for audio clip

11. VERY nice tone! Excellent technique also. :)

12. brianh

brianh

Aug 19, 2005
    NYC
    Endorsing: Epifani Amplification
    nice bass! among the best "modern" tones out there

13. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    thanks to both of you!

14. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    bump

15. bassnote6

bassnote6

Oct 15, 2002
    SYRACUSE NEW YORK
    Endorsing Artist:MTD Basses
    Very clean and articulate Nice playing as well. Would love to hear more from this bass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.