1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FT: Swell B-TOD and Darkglass B3K w/ 12v Power Supply and adapter

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by MSUsousaphone, Jan 19, 2012.

1. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    These things will probably go up for sale in a few weeks...if they make it there. For now, I'm just looking at trades.I am totally picky...and not sure what I'm interested in...so fire away. Both of these are pretty high end pedals...and both of these pedals are in great condition. No wear and tear. B3K has velcro but is practically brand new. And both are fully functional..so let's keep it serious. Haha....I can't even keep things serious half the time. Another high end OD/Tube pedal would be cool..or an IE polytope + something. Line 6 M series stuff interests me...I dunno. Just hit me up.

Anyways, I've been testing these...and comparing these...and just doing everything to try to decide what stays and what goes but I think, in the end....I would love teh Swell B-TOD just with a little less gain....so I'm basically replacing these with a Swell B-PRO. The good news for you is that you can get a decent deal on some friggin' sweet pedals.

Swell B-TOD: I just can't fathom why this thing does not have more hype on this forum. It's awesome. I have a Status bass and a solid state Eden rig but this pedal makes it sound like I'm using high end vintage tube gear. It doesn't just color the sound. It totally pulls off some alchemy and completely alters the whole sound. Pretty sweet. I can have my solid state clean AND get some tubey OD. Like I said up top, this thing is a little bit too high in the gain department...so I'm opting for the B-PRO model. $230 paypal shipped CONUS.

[​IMG]

[DEL]Darkglass B3K: This comes with a Dunlop ECB05 12VDC Power Supply...which has a center postive tip...so I'll throw in my adapter that comes with the 1spot to give you the 12v power supply the B3K needs to give it even more headroom. Love this thing. It IS all it's hyped up to me. It just gets a little too....I dunno...dark for? I just prefer the tone and character I get from the Swell, I guess. But this thing is totally cool and I might cry while I'm packing it. If I were rich, I would totally keep this and the new Swell B-PRO I'm ordering.[/DEL] SOLD/TRADED for DHA VT2 and cash

2. Hyper-sloth

Hyper-sloth Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    so no trade for a Tech21 VT vr1 lol? Good luck, I love what I've read about the Swell B TOT. Gone through a bass modded English Muff'n, a Guyatone Flip Bass Driver (actually pretty cool) and a Real Tube 901 plus the usually non tube tube drives. Haven't tried the EBS Valve drive yet but I am basically trying to make my Markbass Little Tube 800 sound more like my old Demeter HBP-1 with out much luck. Am subscribed and if I can sell a few things....

3. tink9975

tink9975

Aug 10, 2006
    MoCo, MD
    Any interest in an Effectrode PC-2A?
    optical compressor with tube gain stage.

4. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Thanks but I haven't gotten too much into compression, yet. If I did...I might go Joe Meek FloorQ since it's pretty transparent. I'm more looking for something that I can switch on and off between songs for when I want that solid state and when I want that tubeness.

5. tink9975

tink9975

Aug 10, 2006
    MoCo, MD
    I actually use it for a warm tube sound more than I do the compression aspect, but it sounds like you are looking more for tube grit/OD sounds.

6. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Yeah. I'd really like one that could cover both for me. Pedal board space it at an all time premium. :)

My ultimate plan, if I sell these instead of trade, is a Swell B-PRO and a IE Polytope, though.....and I'm never shy about taking a trade I don't need with the sole purpose of just wanting to play around with it before I flip it. So as long as it's easily movable and the moneys add up (preferrably both ways), I might swing for it. I might be getting back to you.

7. tink9975

tink9975

Aug 10, 2006
    MoCo, MD
    ok, take a look at bongo's review of it, and if you are interested, PM me.
    New the PC-2A is just a little more than the B-TOD and a good bit more than the BK3, so trade values should be pretty close. I don't know how easy it would be to move, as I haven't tried to move it before. they don't come up very often here.

8. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    I gotcha, I'm a little concerned about it's flippability. But I'm not looking to put a price tag on the B3K for a week or two. So I'll keep rolling it over in my head.

9. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Pics have been added. Message me with any questions. I've gotten a few sweet offers. Probably wait a few more days and then make a decision.

10. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    BK3 is on hold.

Swell B-TOD is on a minitour of the States. But it will be back. I'll still take offers on it if you're cool waiting 2 to 3 weeks....will probably go for cash on it, though. $230 paypal shipped CONUS.

11. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    BK3 gone gone.

But Swell B-TOD is on it's first stop of the minitour and is in Gainesville. I'll still take offers on it if you're cool waiting 2 to 3 weeks....will probably go for cash on it, though. $230 paypal shipped CONUS.

12. It'll be on it's way to Michigan on Monday.