1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FT Synth modded OC-2

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Hyper-sloth, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyper-sloth

Hyper-sloth Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    For trade Synth modded OC-2, Taiwan manufactured. Not modded by me, I purchased this a year ago or so from TB'r Jeff Moote. In very good shape for its age, has Velcro underneath. Has two switches, one for each of the octaves. Here's what the mod does:
    What the mod does: pulls the raw octave signal from the IC and sends it directly to the output, bypassing all of the additional processing and specifically the low pass filter which gives it that dull, bassy sound. What you end up with is a more or less pure and well defined square wave. This works for OCT1 and OCT2. With that new tone a lot more high end is pushed, you also get a lot more note definition which makes playing way down the E string actually usable, and makes OCT2 genuinely useful on bass. Also, downstream effects respond much differently to the original and "synth mod" signal, often to better results.
    I never use the mod, and I never use the 2 octave down. Hoping for a trade for the MXR Octave deluxe, or an outright sale of $100 shipped CONUSA. Other trades will be considered but really need an Octave.
    I can post/email pictures later, but it's a brown OC2!
    http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g280/hypersloth/?action=view&current=OC2SynthModded.jpg
    here's a link for those who don't want to search:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/boss-oc-2-synth-mod-sound-clips-813877/

Other trade bait: Compressors (esp the MXR), crazy noise things, Wayhuge Ringworm. Will add $ as needed. No offer will be laughed at, so fire away!
    Will ship next business day.
    Thanks for looking!
    Álvaro

2. Hyper-sloth

Hyper-sloth Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Traded!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.