FT. Trace Elliot GP7 300 2x10 combo

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by creeperdet, Nov 4, 2004.

1. creeperdet

Apr 7, 2004
    Pre Gibson made in the U.K. Trace Elliot GP7 300 2x10 combo

I picked this amp up last spring to use as a compact live rig.
    I've only played out with it once, and the whole time I had to keep looking behind me
    because I could not believe that this huge sound was coming from this little amp!
    I haven't been too active in a while so it has mainly been used it in my apartment as a practice amp.

I recently picked up an Eden 2x10 XLT and wish to trade the Trace combo for a QuatraValve head.

300 Watt GP7 preamp/head
    2 10" celestion speakers
    1 HF horn

If this sounds interesting drop me a line

I'm in Chicago
  2. slap_funk

Oct 21, 2004
    how do you think that trace combo stacks against an eden 210 combo (other than nemisis) ?
  3. creeperdet

Apr 7, 2004
    I'm not too familiar with some of the newer eden combos I.E. Time traveler series so my comparison is based on the metro with the XLT style cab.
    The Eden tends to have a smoother but still detailed sound but not as punchy as the Trace.
    I've been using Eden gear since 93 and biggest drawback I have found with Eden heads is they don't truly come alive unless you are using a high end bass.
    My Alembic and Spector both sounded amazing through my Eden rig. Real people instruments such as my Fender and Musicman produced awesome tone but
    lacked the detailed Hi-Fi sound. The trace has a tighter and more focused sound than the Eden especially with the Musicman and Fender, best suited for a rock situation.

Bottom line quality and construction wise the two are on par with each other. as far as tone it is all depends on what you're going for.

My prefrence sways towards the Trace head with Eden Cabs.

I hope my rambling has been helpful.