1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT: Warmoth Black 'n Maple Jazz for Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jim777, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    I bought this a little while ago from TB'er Shirazbop (Rob), but it hasn't gotten much play time. I wanted a Jazz, this is a really nice one, but I play my 5's all the time. What I have decided I need now is another fretless :) I wanted it, didn't need it, got it, and now it sits looking pretty. i think we've probably all been there before :)

So, after trying to trade just the neck for a fretless neck, and geting a lot of questions about whether I would just sell the bass instead, I'm looking to trade the whole bass now. I am also willing to sell it for what I paid, which is $650 Shipped in the lower 48.
    I would prefer a 5 string but am open to 4's as well. Something Carvin with a 5 string bolt on unlined ebony board would be absolutely perfect.

Because Rob did such a great job describing it originally I am going to take a lot of what he wrote and just cut and paste it.

Specs and origin of the various bits:
    • MIM Fender Gloss black Jazz Body: never used previous. (TalkBass)
    • Fender Original black / white / back pick guard (eBay)
    • Fender Original parchment / black / parchment pick guard (eBay)
    • GOTOH 201 chrome bridge top loader (Warmoth)
    • Stacked volume-tone configured, chrome/chrome knobs (All Parts)
    • Fender chrome 3 hole control plate ((eBay, saw some use on a previous Jazz that has been sold)
    • Bill Lawrence J45N and J45B pickups (new from Wild Pickups)
    • Fender “F” neck plate, plastic plate gasket (eBay)
    • Beautiful flamed maple / flamed maple standard Jazz contour neck with Abalone markers, satin finished (Warmoth)
    • Schaller Vintage BML Tuners (Warmoth)
    • Sadowsky med. Round Stainless strings (Sadowsky)

It is a very, very nice bass and comes in a hard case as well.

Here is a pic of it in company, and I will get a few more shortly if necessary.

group.

There are more pics of it in Rob's original thread, which is here: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-ft-fender-warmoth-black-n-flaming-maple-jazz-926562/

I may be able to add some cash to get a really nice fretless (like an SB5000), but if I can avoid that that would be my preference.

Thanks all,

jim

2. jim777

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    I would add cash to get a NS Design Wav 4 EUB as well :) So..if you have a fretless you don't play and would like to swap it for a really nice Jazz bass, let me know!

3. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Bump for Beautiful Jazz with great tone and a Great Guy to deal with! I know what you mean about playing 5's...:bassist:

4. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    Pm....

5. jim777

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    still available, and Thanks Rob! :)

6. jim777

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    Still available, for sale or trade :)

I have a set of Japanese sourced Geddy jazz pickups that will come with as well. They were out of someone else's bass, so they are not brand spankin' new but they are in very decent shape. So, 2 pickguards, 2 sets of pickups, and 2 volumes/2 tones. It looks and does what you want a Jazz to do!

7. jim777

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    No one has a fretless they don't play and would trade for a super nice stacked knob jazz bass?

8. jim777

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    Tuesday 'Want a fretless' bump :)

9. Lukejt

Lukejt

May 24, 2008
    Maryland
    I've got a German Warick Corvette, four string fretless. Interested in a trade?

10. jim777

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    PM sent,still available

11. jim777

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    Bought a Moses neck for this, so it is staying put.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.