1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD ft: warwick thumb 6 broadneck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gkbass13, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    bolt on
    19 mm spacing
    just-a-nut
    the input jack is a tad scratchy and there is a small surface crack on the back of the headstock, but that dosnt affect playability or tone at all. received it ina trade recently from a fellow TBer but after my second 6er, i dont think i can handle them and will stick to 4's and 5's for now.
    comes with a warwick hardshell case. trades only.

what im interested in:

4 and 5 string basses +/- cash depending on what is offered.
    the only 6 strings i would be interested in would be a benavente singlecut standard, or an mtd Z 6 plus cash

also interested in bergantino 2x10 cabs, epifani 2x10 cabs, thunderfunk heads, anythign to do with the word lakland.... shoot me offers, just testing the waters.

2. What year? Wenge neck? Weight?

3. gkbass13

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    the serial number is:A-071953-00 which i believe makes it from the year 2000. the neck is not wenge but ovankol, and the weight is between 11 and 12 lbs according to my bathroom scale.

4. The last two digits of the serial number will tell you the year of production. For example, 00=2000, 98=1998, etc.
    11 lbs is not bad for a Warwick, especially a 6.
    Thanks for the info.

Edit: Right- you added info as I was(slowly)typing. Again- thank you.
    :)

5. gkbass13

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    no problem bassteban, and i was surprised about the weight actually, as i was expecting it to be monstrous as a broadneck, but found it to be less heavy than the bubinga corvettes and such that ive played.

there is also no problem as far as balance is concerned, another surprise to me, but i also use a 3 inch padded leather strap and wear ym basses up on my lower chest....so yeah.

let me know if you're at all interested. and ill look forward to seeing your infomercials, to complament your 6 string counterpart... har har har

6. dizug

dizug

May 16, 2005
    not interested in sale at all? How would you sell it for if you were interested? :)

7. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    You have pm.

8. gkbass13

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    bump it up. looking for trades or trades+cash.

9. gkbass13

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    lets give it a bump

lakland skylines plus cash? berg cabs plus cash? epifani ul's plus cash? anyone who made offers before...i cleared my inbox, so feel free to message me again if interested.

10. FWIW, The Warwick website says the Broadnecks are 20mm at the bridge.

11. gkbass13

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    bump.

for trades, the top things on ym list right now are Lakland JO 5's, and amps/cabs by epifani, bergantino, aguilar, eden and markbass. feel free to make any offers though, and i wont mind one bit if cash is involved.

12. gkbass13

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    updating the trade list....

right now im only interested in....

an epifani ul2x10(must be 8ohms) +cash
    lakland 55-02's or JO 5's plus cash
    benavente standard singlecut 5's

other jazz style basses plus or minus cash depending on what is offered...

in short... BUMP! and keep the offers coming!

13. gkbass13

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    a few deals bouncing around...bump though

14. gkbass13

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    the case is a bit banged up...two corners have cracks in them, still gets the job done though, just wouldnt leave it out ina rainstorm.

from what ive seen, regular warwick bolt on 6 string thumbs go from 1300-1700 used. this one is a broadneck and needs probably 150 worth of work to be perfect(the input jack is scratchy and should be replaced before active gigging, and the crack should be glued to be safe, although it is very much stable currently)....so im going to put a cash price on it now and see what happens....keep the trade offers coming, but the first 1250 via paypal gets this thing shipped to your door.

1250 shipped.

if it dosnt sell this week, i am going to drop it off to be fixed up this weekend then relist it with an appropriate price change.

15. gkbass13

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    bump it up.

16. Nicka

Nicka

Jan 10, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Endorsing Artist: Peavey Electronics
    Do you have a picture of the crack? Also, is this a brass adjustable nut?

17. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

I already asked and I'm still waiting.....
    Good luck with the sale!!

18. gkbass13

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    hopefully this helps...sorry about the wait, danny and company.

19. gkbass13

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    1150 shipped. or best offer.

taking trades plus cash as well...will do 800 plus an epifani UL1x12 or 700+an epifani ul 2x10

feel free to make other offers, but i need around 800 in cash coming my way regardless, as there is something im dying to buy in the TB classifieds right now.

bump.

20. gkbass13

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    price changes...make offers, there is something in the classifieds that i am lusting after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.