Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FT: Wishbass 6 Mutant

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by SnoMan, Oct 20, 2004.

1. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I don't really wanna let it go and will prolly regret this later, but it's not serving any purpose to me right now. :bawl:

This is a Wishbass #275 six string fretless.

It is in excellent condition, it's never seen any shows, just sits on a guitar stand until I pick it up from time to time.

Mutant Style body - Mahogany main and mixed in the middle.

Kent Armstrong Humbucker

Rosewood fretboard

Hand Rubbed finish

Graphite neck reinforcement

no case

Has a beautiful very unique sound. It looks huge...but man, it feels so good in my hands. Its a very comfortable bass to play.

It can be seen here : photos.yahoo.com/snobassman

I am looking for a good rock bass. I play in a hard rock band and my crappy warlock does not cut it. Four or five strings, four prefered at the moment. :bassist:

Also would be interested in 2x12's or 18's..... or effects along the lines of distotion, EF or boost style pedals

Gah, I hate doing this, but I need something that I can put to good use now with my current band.

*EDIT* I recieved the bass this spring, so it's barely 6 months old if that *EDIT*

$550 OBO

2. Bass Tranquil

Bass Tranquil

Nov 16, 2003
    Its pretty, but I have no gear to trade. Never saw anyone have that much fun with a wishbass. You must have a really nice one. That's pretty slick.

3. SnoMan

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Yeah, from what I've read there are a lot of anti-wish folks about, but from the buy wish threads there are also quite a number of supporters.
    I've really enjoyed mine in the time I've had it. I think one of the reasons mine may have a little better construction could be from dishing out the extra cash for the hand rubbed finish. I only wanted that for the pure fact of thinking he spent a little extra detail time on the bass, so I consider it money well spent.
    I'm still in the shock phase of realizing that I'm actually going to be giving it to someone else, but I know I need something for my band's style now and I can get a new wishbass later on down the road.

4. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    *** is Krista's Face??? Do you know that Chick?

5. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    LOL Very interesting, She sounds Depressed...

Sorry/Free bump!

6. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    This looks like fun, what kind of bass are you loooking for?

7. Peavy grind four for it? It's an excellent bass, but I want to get AWAY from the hard rock sound, and into more of my own unique sound. I was gonna outfit it with EMG's, but if you're willing to trade I'm sure we can work something out. Perhaps teh grind and 50-75$? Email me at almightypancake@juno.com

8. does that mean no? lol

:rollno:

9. SnoMan

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I now have audio clips available.

If anyone can PM with how I can post them I will otherwise message me with your e-mail for them.

(I also cleared out a bunch of my replies that I didn't htink we necessary, so a few of the replies left kinda seem off without my repsone, but they were off topic ;) )

10. SnoMan

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Knocking down the Price!

Now $450 SHIPPING INCLUDED!!!!

Shipping is a bit of a bear on this, but now it's included in the price so you don't have to worry about it.

Need to make a purchase so I'm knocking a whole lot off the price.

11. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Whats with the armor? You use it?

12. SnoMan

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    err...well, I used the armour in SCA and amtgard combat. I've put my love of history and medieval combat on hold to focus on music.

The armour has been sold.....the bass is still available..