1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT Yamaha BB Bass Modified like Billy's Check it out!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Navybass, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    This is my take on a Sheehan type bass. It started life as a Yamaha BB200. The bass has been repainted to red with gold sparkle poly clearcoat. It has a custom made woofer pickup and regular P and J type pickups. It has mono and stereo outputs, a volume control for each pickup, and a single coil/humbucker switch for the woofer pickup. All 3 pickups work in mono, and when you go to stereo mode the woofer goes to one output and the P/J pickups go to the other output.

The refinish isn't bad at all, there are a couple of small runs, but they're not that bad. You can see them when the light hits them just right. There is also a little black mark under the controls on the side which you can see in the pics.

The frets are in great shape. The action is nice and low and the truss rod works great.

The bass plays great and sounds thunderous in either mono or stereo modes.

Run some bass trades by me. I have another bass up for trade here http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475470 and would be willing to trade both basses for the right bass.

Check out the pics.

DSC00060.

DSC00061.

DSC00062.

DSC00063.

DSC00064.

2. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned

Any idea on an outright sale cost if it came to that? Any specific basses you seek?

Also, the flash kind of washes out the color, but to my eyes it's either a sparkly, rusty or burnt orange, or sparkly red. Which is the truth?

3. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    The base color is Bright Red, but the clear gold sparkle overcoat makes it change between a few colors depending on the light. It goes between a copper to burnt orange to red.

I'm open to basses, as far as an outright price, I haven't really given it much thought.

4. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    I'd even be open to project basses.:bassist:

5. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    The neck has a P-bass feel to it. All the pickups and electronics work well.

I'd accept $150.00 + 1/2 shipping for the bass, or something comparable in trade. I would also be interested in project basses and amps. Run something by me.

6. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    The early Yamaha BB series basses are great instruments. The neck has a P-bass feel. The nut width is 1.75 which is the same as a vintage P bass. The fingerboard radius is flatter than a vintage P bass.

7. Obese Chess

Obese Chess I'm Your New Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    The only bass I'm trying to get rid of is a Yamaha BB series, or I'd totally jump on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.