1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT: Yamaha RBX 760A for a Precision

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BoomBoomOGTL, Jan 24, 2013.

1. BoomBoomOGTL

BoomBoomOGTL Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2012
    York SC
    I’m looking to trade this wonderful Yammy for a decent Precision I want to mod.

This one is very cool. I found it at GC while playing a bunch of basses and for the price, I was really impressed with the way it played and the quality. So much I bought to be my gig ready ‘throw and go’ in case I ever went somewhere I didn’t feel comfortable taking a more expensive bass. Apparently that was now just a rationalization b/c I never was invited to any gigs at deadly biker bars. So I played it just the same.

It’s an ash veneer with a nice teal finish. Gold hardware, active double soap bars and relatively light. (7-8 pounds?) Its in very good condition w/some normal playing marks (swirls) but no major dings or bruises. It really plays as nice as some much more expensive basses (it outplays my ’97 Am.Std. Jazz w/o question). Anythings that looks like smudge or blem on the finish is actually a reflection. The finish is in great shape.

What I’m looking for is a cool P bass as I’ve never owned one in my 30 years of playing. I’d do MIM but no Squiers please. Rosewood board is a must and I’d prefer a dark color b/c I want to put a gold anodized p/g and some super hot pups in my project. Black out the hardware and a D tuner and I‘ll be set w/my custom P.

I can ship the Yammy in a nice hard case if I get one in the trade w/the P. If yours has no case, I’ll ship mine in a padded gigbag.

Anyone up for a trade???

YamRBX760A1.jpg
    YamRBX760A2.jpg

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021