1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT: ZON Todd Johnson Lined Fretless 5-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Andy Brown, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    This incredible bass was meant to be 2009 Winter NAMM bass but didn't make the show. I was lucky enough with timing to be the first human outside the shop to play it. It's never been gigged and has been well-maintained... MINT condition.

If you've played ZON fretless basses before you know how much mwah and tone exudes from these fine instruments. Now is your time to save time and $$$ on this one of a kind instrument.

Wait time would be 6-8 months and it would cost you at least $5,015 (with gig bag) or $5,310 (with h/s case) - I'm offering either in this deal.

This bass was originally strung B-G, but I changed it to E-C without any alterations to the nut or bridge, except for intonation.

My first inclination is to keep it, as I don't have to sell it, however it's not getting any playing time (my other TJ is), and I'd love to see this go to a good home. I would consider trades for a "vintage" style (60's) 4-string jazz such as Sadowsky, Alleva-Coppolo, Valenti, -or- an F Bass BN4/BN5 etc. plus cash based on the value of the trade.

For those interested in a cash-only deal, I'd have to say $3,600 with the HSC or gig bag, shipped anywhere in the US.

ZON Todd Johnson 5-string Lined Fretless
    * Gallery Claro Walnut top
    * Alder body
    * Hipshot D-Tuner on E string (currently strung E-C)
    * Black Hardware
    * ZON Hard Shell Case (mint) -or- ZON gig bag included

(it's the one on the right - the fretted is not for sale)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Bump for a great guy and an incredible bass. If I had the right trade, or the cash, she'd be mine!

3. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Thanks for the bump!

4. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Last chance before I either trade it in or convert it to a fretted bass. Make me an offer.