1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FTO: Schroeder 412L in orange Rhino

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by mlwarriner, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    schro_1.

schro_2.

4 ohm Schroeder 412L. Orange rhino covering, with a couple of minor issues (visible in first pic). Works perfect.

Looking to trade for a single-cab rig, with my first choice being a Berg NV610. Others that might interest me:
    SWR, Ampeg or other 6x10
    Aguilar, SWR or other 4x12
    Other non-8x10 cabs that can carry a large-ish room alone - 2x15 or???

Ideally, we could make the deal in or within a few hours' drive of Kansas City. I really don't want to spend a ton of money shipping big cabs back and forth across the US.

I'm far more concerned with function than cosmetics. If yours is beat up a little, or a lot, I'm still interested. But it must be 100% functional.

Thanks.

2. How much does this thing weigh? And whats the wattage like? Might be interested. I have an SWR 610.

3. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    1600 watts, 74 pounds.

where in georgia are you? if you can wait a few weeks, i might be able to make a face-to-face deal.

4. I'm located in South Georgia, but I could possibly meet you in Atl. Check out the SWR and let me know if you'd want to evenly trade, or throw cash in, or what you would like to do.

10em23r.
    uq4bk.
    2lb1c9t.
    8xtxs3.

5. I have the original stock speaker, but the cone is frozen. So I replaced it with a peavey scorpion 10. I was going to take some time (and money) and fix up this thing. Replace the speaker, and spray on bed liner for the outer sides. But I lost the motivation. So I figured someone else might be interested in fixing this thing up. I play with this cab quite often and it sounds awesome, but as you can tell, it doesn't look the best. I was even surprised by how good that scorpion 10 sounded, that I was going to throw in another one beside it. Price quote on getting this thing looking perfect is about $200.

6. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    the day after bump :)

7. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    might also consider a matching 2x10 and 4x10, provided they're both 8ohms.

8. Did you decide against the SWR?

9. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    haven't decided anything for certain yet. but if you've got a buyer, go for it :)

10. Alright, well I was thinking - that even if you did want the SWR, I would feel bad making an even trade. So just proposing the idea, i'll give you the cab + $200.00.

11. PBFACTOR

PBFACTOR

Dec 21, 2001
    Boise, ID
    damn, if shipping wouldn't kill us i'd trade my schroeder 610 to you. that would fit in the trunk of my focus.

12. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    i've pondered that, more than once :) but we're looking at $120 to $150 minimum to ship. :(

13. jakelly

jakelly

Nov 8, 2009
    I've got an Eden 410XLT and 115T, both 8 ohm cabs, makes a nice stack. The 115 is fitted with an EV speaker. The 410 has all the original Eden speakers. Nice cabs. I might consider a trade, but am not familiar with the Schroeder sound. I know the Edens are good. I'm in your general area. I live a little north of KC.

14. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    generally speaking, from my experience...the "schroeder sound" is loud, very clear, and very "cutting". they seem to have a built-in bump in the midrange, and (to my ears) they don't go as low as more traditional cabinets.

other more experienced schroeder users, feel free to chime in as well. :)

15. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    traded locally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.