1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fuchs Bruiser

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lowend1, May 20, 2011.

1. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    Very cool. Good to hear from you. Water Jet is such a nice toy. I made some gears out of 304 with a WJ a number of years ago.

That grill is sexy looking. A very nice piece you do not see on amps these days. Certainly an eye catcher.

Been playing with some laser welding lately on tiny itty bitty medical parts. That and making square parts on 6 axis multi turret/multi spindle lathes.

2. Franz Jr.

Franz Jr. Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    subbed

3. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    I guess this answers the question: What metal is best for bass amp? :D

4. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Any news on this amp? And photos of the back of it?

Dimensions, too, thanks. :cool:

5. Bassflute

Bassflute

Jun 24, 2006
    Vancouver
    Endorsing Artist: MTD basses and strings; Bergantino Amps & Cabs
    if so, I would be SERIOUSLY interested. A separate effects loop for each channel, with a mono in / stereo out option. Should be TOO hard to do.

Thanks,
    Cameron

6. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    I just checked the Fuchs website. It appears there is a Bruiser II model that has two 1,000 watt power modules.

2,000 watts now that is kicking some booty.

7. FUCHSAUDIO

FUCHSAUDIO Commercial User

Mar 13, 2010
    New Jersey
    Co-owner: Fuchs Audio Technology LLC
    Three models: Bruiser=500 Bruiser-I=1000 W and Bruiser-II 2000-W (dual 1000-W power amps). Website upgrades coming. For those who wanted a back pic, here it is. :hyper:

Attached Files:

8. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    Hi Andy,

Will the Bruiser II be around Atlanta any time soon? I'd like to see/play one of these.

9. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Thanks much for the photo of the back of the amp, Andy! :cool:

I see this shows a "traditional" Tolex® cover, vs. the very cool 'black tweed' that is on the front 3/4 shot. Which is actually used on the amp?

10. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    Cool! That's an amp I'd have some fun with. Too bad it's out of my price range and not for sale in my geographical area. :(

11. FUCHSAUDIO

FUCHSAUDIO Commercial User

Mar 13, 2010
    New Jersey
    Co-owner: Fuchs Audio Technology LLC
    The various tolex coverings are optional. The dark grey or black carbon graphite style "modern tweed" will likely be the norm, carrying handle on the side (due to weight imbalance from power transformer location). We have an arrangement with Open Sky studios in Atlanta, and should have an amp there after the NAMM show. The 500-W Bruiser will be $ 1,995.00, the 1-KW Bruiser-I will be $ 2,495.00, and the 2-KW Bruiser-II will be $ 2895.00.

12. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    I'd love to see one closer to Ohio but I don't even know of a musical shop around here that I like enough to even ask you to work with besides maybe a stray shop or two in Dayton or Cincinatti. :D

Still, looking forward to probably finding a way to play one of your amps at least once in the next few years. :p

13. Addison

Addison This time, I didn't forget the gravy. Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Bismarck, ND
    Have any more people tried one of these and can I get some comments on it?

I'd love to hear some opinions.

:)