Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fugazi-In on the Kill Taker

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by frankencow150, May 19, 2002.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    From all the talk I've heard of Fugazi and the few songs I've heard by them,I decided to go buy In on the Kill Taker for 9 dollars. Personally, I think this cd stinks.The only good songs are Smallpox Champion, Rend It,and I forget the name of the other one. It seems like Fugazi tries to be to mysterious and experimental,and I think it sounds wayyy better when they just do straight up punk songs. Do any of their cd's have more punk songs than BS?Thanks.

2. you need to listen to it more. public witness program, cassavettes, last chance for a slow dance, and facet squared are genius. listen until you like it. you'll be glad you did.

3. Dude, maybe youre expecting the label of punk music to be an indicator of their playing. If you like all this modern day pop punk then fugazi might be a little foreign for you. But, there is no question that they are a brilliant band. They are one of the last few real punk bands out there who are not only good creative musicians but are making music for themselves, producing and selling their own records. If not brilliant certainly noble.

4. Fugazi aren't really a "punk" band in the sense of punk music. When I first got 13 songs, I didn't much like it. Aside from Bad Mouth and Waiting Room the other songs seemed to mesh together. It might take a couple of listens to really appreciate it, even then you might not fully appreciate it. When I was a youngin' and was all into typical punk bands like NOFX and Pennywise, I didn't fully appreciate Fugazi. Though, as time wore on and I started wanting to hear more interesting music than the usual "punk rock" rhetoric fare, I listened to Fugazi again and I was amazed at their music. I still listen to the other bands every once in a while, but I admire Fugazi more.

5. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    maybe you guys are right,maybe i just need to listen to it more.sometimes cd's arent good until you soak them in.

6. fugazi is one of the greatist bands of all time.i love the way the mesh dub punk and so many othere forms of music togarther.

7. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    You need some Bad Brains, Fugazi is too self-righteous...

8. Ignore the self righteousness and concentrate on the brilliant music. And, yes, you need some Bad Brains!!

9. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    This was the last Fugazi album that I purchased. I like it alot, but don't think that it had the same rawness or intensity as Repeater, Steady Diet, etc.

10. 13 songs and reapter +3 songs is there greatist stuff that i know.iam still working on getting the rest of the ablumes

11. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    i listed to it some more and i like it.i guess i judged it too quick.the best song is "public witness program",i love that song.theres still 2 songs i dont like though.