fugazi questions

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bailstric, Dec 10, 2001.

1. bailstric

Aug 12, 2001
    Ontario Canada
    ok i was watching a show called the new music which is is about alternative music and they had an interview with the lead singer of Fugazi. Now the person who did the interview "Nardwar"(you might not no him but he wear like a kilt and lots of dumb clothes)is very werid. But anyway Ian(i think thats his name) was a total *******. Seemed like one of the rudest people ive seen on tv. Now I dont no Fugazi well so tell me "Is this guy always such an idoit" or did they just get him on a bad day. thanks
  2. Ian MacKaye does not suffer fools. If the interviewer was an idiot, he was probably treated accordingly. Frankly, I find it amazing that he agreed to do a televised interview. Fugazi are very careful about their media exposure.

In other words, Ian is not an a hole. He just doesn't care about shows like the one you were watching. And FWIW, Fugazi has been around for 15 years now, so I wouldn't exactly call it "new music."
  3. i interviewed fugazi's drummer, brendan canty, for www.proj-ex.net this past october, the week before their new records "the argument" and "furniture + 2" came out. great interview, but i think about 10 minutes out of a 55 minute interview tape was taken up with the two of us laughing like hyenas.

for a good view of fugazi, check out their movie "instrument". i have it on dvd, great ****in' movie. pick up a couple of fugazi albums, you won't be dissapointed.
  4. ian doesn't pussyfoot. he's a punk, for god's sake. DC's god of punk, for that matter.
  5. ian tells it like it is, thank god!!
  6. bailstric

Aug 12, 2001
    Ontario Canada
    thanks, just to let you know i do know that fugazi have been around for 15 years and i didnt call them new music thats the name of the show. Anyways i wasnt trying to put him down or anything just wanted to know isf hes always like that. thx
  7. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    I saw Fugazi play back in 1991 at the Oakbrook theater in Chicago. It was one of the better shows that I have seen. They stopped playing during the middle of Greed because a person in the audience was getting crushed against the stage. Ian said he would stop the show if people didn't stop pushing towards the stage. Pretty cool guy IMO.
  8. there are people at my school who burn incense to Ian McKaye. that's what one gets for going to a creative arts high school.

9. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    you think he was bad in an interview, you owe it to yourself to see a live show where someone in the crowd gets rowdy. He'll stop the show. I have total respect for him and Fugazi's music. I've only seen 1 or 2 Tv Interviews with them and they were for European TV. Most likely the interviewer was being a moron or something.