Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by benjamintowle, May 29, 2001.

1. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    what do you guys think about the bass player of fugazi
  2. hes pretty cool, hes no matt freeman but yeah hes alright
  3. joe lally! he rules. he's one of the reasons i wish i was good with a pick. he's got such rhythmic lines, and he's so tight with brendan (who also rules). nice display of taste, ben.
  4. bumpcity

May 12, 2001
    I love fugazi. Lally is great for their style. Love the chordal stuff from Repeater's first track. What band ever had as much integrity as Fugazi? Albums with lables on the side that say "$8.00 postage paid from Dischord records"? $5.00 concert tickets. These guys are no joke. They stand up for what they believe in. Anybody see the video they put out?
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I know, me an Joe just get locked in, and everything starts working, and that's really whats kept us afloat, musically speaking...Oh, wait, wrong Brendan!:D
  6. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Yeah, Joe Lally is really cool...
  7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yep, very cool the way they stick with their principles. I didn't see the video.
  8. anon5458975

Apr 5, 2001
    I've got tons of respect for Fugazi, they've always stood by all of their beliefs without fail. They've been one of my favorite bands since they first formed. Love their sound, they're a very creative group.
  9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
  10. yeah buddy, i have the video and all their albums. i highly recommend the video, very artsy documentary. plus, since you can't buy "furniture" on an album, you can see it on the video anytime you want. woohoo! love that song. :D
  11. Fugazi eh....

I'm going to Audiogalaxy....be right back:D
  12. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    hey I been a big fan of fugazi for the longest time since like I was able to bye a album .I been like buying there albums since I was like 10.my older brother turn me on to them.
    dancehallclasher do you know the right way to play waiting room my band trying to do a cover of that song and I want to play it right.like I tuned all my friends on to fugazi .does any one know what's up with them if there still like making album and stuff.
  13. Hey, how the hell do you pronounce Fugazi? Foo-gazz-i? Foo-gats-i? Fug-atsi? Fug-atzi? What?
  14. anon5458975

Apr 5, 2001
    I know they have an album scheduled to be released sometime this year, last I heard anyway. I'm not sure about all of there current tour dates but they are supposed to play at the Congress Theatre in Chicago on the 23rd and 24th of June, that's all I could come up with.

It's pronounced Foo-gauzy. :)
  15. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    does any one knw how to play waiting room the right way.like frist the the tAb and does he use a pick.
  16. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    o yah like i have the tab that is on this site but like it only has the intro verse what else is there
  17. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    You know you don't actually have to type the word "like." Just say it in your head.
  18. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    yah i am sorry about saying like a lot.om so does any one know how to play waiting room like all the parts and stuff ,because the tab looks liek its missing parts it sounds right but missing parts
  19. foo GAH zee. :D

waiting room: verse

"i don't want the news..."

"sitting outside of town..."

E-2222----- repeat once

then hit the open E on "WHY" and then play E an octave up and make it lead back into the verse.
  20. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    hey man dancehallclasher can you tell me the order and how many times each part i like kinda suck at gett the oder nd how many times right .does he use a pick on all song and i have to say hes the reason why i love the stringray bass sound.