1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fugazi

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by sickest beast, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Any Fugazi fans around here?

I never got to see them live. :crying:

If anyone around here did get a chance to see them live, please share your experience, I'd love to hear about it.

There are only a few bands I would love to see reunite just so I can see them play live, Fugazi is one of them.

2. T Bassman

T Bassman Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Yep saw them about 10-12 years ago in a curling rink in Victoria BC, Canada. Think the show was 5 or 10 bux at most. Absolutely amazing and a packed house full over jids ready to rock. Everything you've ever heard about the live shows is true.

Always have had much respect for those guys, not only idealistically, but for their hard work ethic and natural business acumen. A lot of bands today could learn a few things about running a band and building a fan base from those fellas. Wish I could have seen Minor Threat back in the day.....

3. handofseven

handofseven Soaking up the cathode rays...

Mar 23, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Big fan of their earlier stuff... 13 Songs is all killer, no filler. I saw them live for Steady Diet of Nothing and In on the Kill Taker... Man that seems like a long time ago. :meh: FUGAZI rocked hard and you had to rock hard along with them or be destroyed! All I can say about those shows is they were sweaty. Very sweaty! :D

4. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I saw a couple of their very early shows in 1988. They put on one of the greatest live shows of all times. The first time I saw them was with Scream, the place was filled with creeps and there were tons of fights with skinheads. I had brought two of my friends who were TOTALLY not into hardcore and they thought the whole thing was like a gladiator fight. I saw them with Nation of Ulysses in a church basement in DC in 1991, which was one of the most intense shows I could ever imagine. I also saw them at the Rainbo Roller Rink in Chicago with Shellac in 1995. The show was great, but the sound was awful.