1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fugitive jumps from Tacoma Narrows bridge, vanishes

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Mar 30, 2009.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Fugitive jumps from Tacoma Narrows span, vanishes. I'm pretty sure he is dead. A guy just doesn't jump off this bridge then swim to shore.

So I read the article, and it made me feel better. Probably because I have no tolerance for crimes of this nature. I think he did everyone a favor and took care of his own punishment instead of running this through the judicial system and all that hokey pokey for who knows how long.

Is it wrong to feel good about this story?

-Mike

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    What if he wasn't guilty. Maybe it was the one armed man?

3. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    He left a suicide note, if he wasn't guilty then I'd be surprised.
    At any rate, also look at it this way - if he was guilty, charged, and jailed, his time in prison may very well be reminiscent of what he put the child through. Poetic justice in a way, no? This way was too quick and easy.

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    When I read the title, I was thinking the same thing. HAHAHAHA

If he was guilty, he got what he deserved.

5. That's a tall bridge high above a fast-moving area of water.

Here's a photo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacoma_Narrows_Bridge

I've been scuba diving just south of there, and it's no place to be unless the tide is on the slack. I doubt they'll find a body.

Here's the classic footage of the collapse of the original Narrows bridge in 1940: