Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fuirty Loops, keyboard lag.....help?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by PollyBass, Apr 15, 2003.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Alrighty, I have fruityloops, and intagrated (Wow, that is really off, but it's late for me, so it goes, MKAY?) Audio and video, and if I want to record a part, and use the key board as a ,,,,well, music keyboard, I get HUGE lag, and it might play when I press,,,,it might not, maybe a second or two later,,,, so i can't really write anything with pitches,,,,ya dig? So, my question is,

Do I need a midi controller or something? and a REAL keyboard that can work with usb or something for it not to lag?

Or, just a newer, better, no lag good soundcard (M-Audio) For no lag?

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Midi soundcard will probably do it.

I've found that Windows generally has more lag than mac os, I have no idea why, but it's been pretty constant in all comparisons with my slow ass iMac against speedy windows based pcs.

but a good midi soundcard will most likely solve your problems. more ram can never hurt either.

of course, if you get a midi soundcard you will also need a midi controller keyboard...neither of these items are THAT expensive...but they still do cost cash...just something to keep in mind.