1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fuji MX-1700 / Finepix 1700: anyone have one?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Jun 3, 2003.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    With all the people here, there's a pretty good chance someone has or had this popular digital camera - zillions were sold worldwide, and it won all sorts of awards.

I finally returned my sister's Olympus D320, and need an inexpensive digicam for snapshots and web pix. The 1.3 MP Olympus has worked just fine for this - anything more will give competition to my Nikon SLRs.

I always liked the Fuji 1700, which has been out of production for three years or so:

[​IMG]

I like it because of the metal body covers and metal lens cap. 1.5 MP is plenty for my needs, and it has a good quality 3x optical zoom. No USB, but that's what the card reader is for.

I just found one on eBay for $125 shipped with a card reader. This seems to be a good price.

Can anyone here tell me about their 1700?

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I think that is the model my step-mom has. It appears to be a decent camera... I'd get it.

3. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

I have the Kodak easyshare CX4300, I got it for $175 shipped on ebay last december, 3.2 MP great pics for little money :p

EDIT: it has 16 MB of internal memory so you don't need to buy expensive memory cards

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I think the Kodak is a better camera, something about memory or something... I'm probably wrong...