Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fuji MX-1700 / Finepix 1700: anyone have one?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Jun 3, 2003.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    With all the people here, there's a pretty good chance someone has or had this popular digital camera - zillions were sold worldwide, and it won all sorts of awards.

I finally returned my sister's Olympus D320, and need an inexpensive digicam for snapshots and web pix. The 1.3 MP Olympus has worked just fine for this - anything more will give competition to my Nikon SLRs.

I always liked the Fuji 1700, which has been out of production for three years or so:

[​IMG]

I like it because of the metal body covers and metal lens cap. 1.5 MP is plenty for my needs, and it has a good quality 3x optical zoom. No USB, but that's what the card reader is for.

I just found one on eBay for $125 shipped with a card reader. This seems to be a good price.

Can anyone here tell me about their 1700?

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I think that is the model my step-mom has. It appears to be a decent camera... I'd get it.

3. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

I have the Kodak easyshare CX4300, I got it for $175 shipped on ebay last december, 3.2 MP great pics for little money :p

EDIT: it has 16 MB of internal memory so you don't need to buy expensive memory cards

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I think the Kodak is a better camera, something about memory or something... I'm probably wrong...