1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Full band show/tour

Discussion in 'Ask Doug Johns' started by Double E, May 22, 2011.

1. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Yo Doug,

Your stuff sounds huge on CD. Do you have any plans to take this to the stage with a full-out, face-ripping, complete ensemble? I would love to see this!

The song "Free", from your first CD, for instance would really be awesome to see performed live with a smokin' horn section and Mark bangin' on the B3.

2. Doug Johns

Doug Johns

Feb 4, 2011
    Cleveland, OH
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla, Genz Benz, Pigtronix, DR Strings, Dunlop
    Man, I would love to, Double E! No doubt "Are You Free" would be on the set list.
    I hope to assemble a full band sometime in the future (not sure when), but I have to be honest: It's tough financially. Travel and touring expenses - let alone paying all the fine musicians - are hard to finance. I'll get there, though! In the meantime, I'm having a lot of fun arranging my music for my current duo lineup. Makes me see every song in a new light...

3. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Well, I totally respect your dedication as a solo artist doing your own thing. You are the man!

4. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Doug,

The offer still stands if you want to venture down to Lexington for a gig or clinic as you are going through town on tour.

Chat soon my friend,

Jai

5. Doug Johns

Doug Johns

Feb 4, 2011
    Cleveland, OH
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla, Genz Benz, Pigtronix, DR Strings, Dunlop
    Cool J! We're gonna get down there sooner or later....

6. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Cool, you have my number should something pop up. Happy 4th, chat with you soon.