Full Bodied Acoustic Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SuperDuperStar, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Something that can compete with a Jumbo Acoustic unplugged? What companies make them and at what cost? Links and pics would be great!
  2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I suggest you do a search on "ABG", although you may not be overly pleased at what you'll learn. This one's been discussed to death recently.

However, I'll sum up all the other threads in one word for you:

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    ... that is only if the guitarrist isn't pleying real loud. If they're sawing away like crazy, then even the Tacoma won't keep up.

But for me my Tacoma is the be-all end-all of ABGs.

Hey is your name "SuperDuperStar" an homage to John Entwistle? That's from a great line from my favorite Entwistle song "Success Story"
  4. Cogno

Cogno Guest

Jun 11, 2001
    I have thier top of the line 5 string for sale. If you are anybody is interested.
  5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    My Tacoma can keep up against two regukar bodied acoustics, but if you are playing against a jumbo body, I would doubt you could take on more than one.

It should do fine against one though.

6. I picked up an Olympia and I play it unplugged with 2 guitars and it keeps up very well. It really projects the sound well.

I tried two Tacomas and the Oly and I found I just liked the tone of the Oly better -- plugged and unplugged.