Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

full metal jacket and mickey mouse

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by warwickben, Apr 24, 2002.

1. at the end of full metal jacket the sing a marcing song or some thing that like spells out mickey mouse and there more words.does any one knwo the words and a place i can download the song.

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

At least one reply!!!
    It would be nice if all threads got at least one reply... even if it was just "Sorry, we don't have any information on that."

3. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Is this it?

We bury the enemy rats with full military honors - we scoop out a shallow grave and we dump them in.
    We sing:
    So come along and sing our song
    And join our fam-i-ly...
    M.I.C..... K.E.Y.... M.O.U.S.E.
    Mickey Nouse, Mickey Mouse
    "Dear God," says Mr. Payback, looking up into the ugly sky. "These rats died like Marines. Cut them some slack. Ah-men."
    We all say, "Ah-men."

4. does any one know what iam even talking about.i thought it be funny to end the show with the whole band singing it.

5. I know the song (great movie!), but I don't know the lyrics. Chances are slim that you can download it from the net (then again, if you search really hard). The best thing you can do I guess is rent the movie and try to figure it out from that.

But hey! If you don't nail it exactly, who cares. Most of your audience probably will not recognize it anyway!

6. I think these type of replies should be more Mircosoft based. I.E.

The data is the error.

7. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    er... I got those words off a full metal jacket website, so I assume they're correct? (I think at one point they sing the theme from 'the mickey mouse club' as well which is (deep breath)

"Mickey Mouse Club! Mickey Mouse Club! Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me! M - I - C - K - E - Y M- O - U - S - E!

Hey there hi there ho there, you're as welcome as can be! M - I - C - K - E - Y M- O - U - S - E!

Mickey Mouse! Mickey Mouse! Forever let us hold your banner high! Come along and sing a song and join the jamboree! M - I - C - K - E - Y M- O - U - S - E!"

(I definitely have waaay too much time on my hands

:D

8. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
  9. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Really?, hmmm strange I dont get any pop-ups.

10. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Warwickben...I love any and all things Kubrick! In fact, I use a sample of the HAL 9000 computer at the end of my set(from "2001:A Space Odyssey). Its the part when he is disabled and says "My mind is going...I can feel it...I can feel it..." then I edited my minidisc to the part where he sings "Daisy" as his voice gets lower, all the while I am strumming and looping(fuzzed-out leads), my drummer is bashing, and my guitar player is throwing things around the stage. Whatever floats your boat!

11. i was think of taing singing in the rain and some othere line from A clock work orange