Full Sail Music Business?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Ptolemy, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Ptolemy

Ptolemy

Jan 2, 2009
    Cincinnati
    Hey guys. I was taking a look around for some different online degrees mostly out of curiosity. I believe i'm still going to go to a local school for a degree but I ran across FullSail and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it? It seems kind of pricy but if it is a decent program I wonder if it would be worth it.

Im interested in the teaching and business aspect of music. I was kind of stuck doing BM (Music Ed) -> MM (Music Ed) because there are no music industry programs near me. However, I thought it might be a good idea to do BM (Music Business) -> MM (Music Ed) the bahelor being online from fullsail or another online school, and then a Masters from University of Cincinnati CCM.

I think having a Music Business degree as well as a master of music ed would open up a lot of doors for me and give me a very wide option of what I would like to do. Any advice on FullSails programs as well as my "career path" would be appreciated ;)

2. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt

Sep 20, 2000
    Nashville,TN
    Endorsing Artist: Kiesel, Carvin, Accuracy, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    I know several recording engineers here in Nashville who are Full Sail grads and alumni. They have a good track record-I'd probably try to attend whichever school you choose at some point as opposed to online courses exclusively because if you're working in that field you're really going to need hands-on experience.

3. The University of Cincinnati has a great music department.

I'd check with the University of Cincinnati and see what their requirements for graduate school are, i.e. what besides that on line degree (GMAT/GRE score, etc) will you need to enter their graduate school.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021