Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FULL SCALE SKETCH

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by instigata, Mar 18, 2006.

1. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
  2. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    I dig it man. I'm not a headless kind of guy, but that body style is killer.

3. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    Looks pretty good. Much better than the first sketch. I'd see if you could smooth out the transitions between the horns and the lower bouts, make the waist a little wider, maybe.

4. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    all in good time man! haha. :) yeah, it'll get smoothed. etc etc. i'm done drawing for tonight though. 3 hours is long enough. haha

5. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    bump because i posted at 2 am and no one can see this now :)

6. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
  7. Good design. Keep us "posted".

8. Maybe it would be interesting to post this in the Luthiers corner section, http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225608 and get some opinions from those who build, or are thinking of building. Maybe you can get opinions of the body style, thicknesses, pros and cons of the horn size, thickness, etc, and the pros and cons of going headless. The specifics of the actual construction end of putting a new design together. (I would hope that's what that section can be used for.) If you're serious about designing your own bass, get all the info from those who are "in the know" about woods, etc. I'd hate to pick a bad wood or put the grain the wrong way and have a horn that's designed too long, (not yours by the way, just in general), pop off! Check it out.

9. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    just a few questions i have about my design:

is the neck in far enough for a proper bolt on configuration? this can obviously be changed very readily.

a secondly, how does it look balance wise (upper horn length)?

10. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Where's the head?

11. That's just the kind of questions that I thought might be good for the Luthier's corner. But keep posting here, too, I'd like to see the progress. Thanks.

12. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    posted in both. i have my own thread in luthiers corner. the pc custom bass thread. thats a full detailed progress. every time i buy sumthin/think of sumthin, i'll post their.

13. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    well, it died. it led a good long life, but it just couldn't kick its vicious habits. RIP head....

cos its a headless... :)

14. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    Very Dingwall-like body shape. Gotta love it!

15. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    Actually, it's more Kubicki than anything else, but with enough differences that I think it could be considered an improvement on the Factor design. I'd go with a head, though...just not that fond of headless designs, but that's really a personal issue. ;)

Here's a Kubicki pic...I picked the blue one because it's easiest to see.

[​IMG]

16. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    well, i love dingwall shapes,. so yea, that in there. and a little kubicki. and some warwick. and some uh... i think that covers it.

17. Cool! I'll visit every so often and see what you're up to. Thanks!

18. LOL! Love it!

19. I thought I saw a little Warwick in there...;)

20. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey