1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Full Size Double Bass, South of UK.

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Kat_Mia, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Kat_Mia

Kat_Mia Guest

May 7, 2004
    Dorset, UK
    'Woody' is a full size, 30 year old, solid wood (rather than ply), Romanian double bass. He comes with a full size bow and a full size new Rockbag bass case (I've used the case twice). Altogether, Id like the lot to go for £800 ovno. 'Woody' alone is worth over £700 (is insured for £1200-£1500 as to buy a new one of him would cost that much).

The case, is fabby quality, has a bow support/'case' built onto case and has one very large pocket for everything including music and a small pocket on the back of neck for mobile or keys or whatever. Case has shoulder strap, back straps and many other little carrying handles.

There a few black marks on 'Woody' which I dare would come off (I'll have a go later) and sone little lighter bits around the 'trimming' (hope you know what I mean) which I think adds character more than anything. He's a very nice sounding bass, with a big sound, goes through a pick-up well as long as you have a big amp!

I am in Dorset, on south coast of UK. Advertsing here before I do local papers-that's next weeks job. Collection only really but I dare say we could deliver within a small radius (I'd have to ask).

Cheers, peace, Kat xx

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Any chance of a photo or make/model - is it one of the Andreas Zeller basses for example?

3. Kat_Mia

Kat_Mia Guest

May 7, 2004
    Dorset, UK
    Pictures just on way! :D

4. Kat_Mia

Kat_Mia Guest

May 7, 2004
    Dorset, UK
    No idea of make or model, it's just a 30 year old Romanian bass.