1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Full Size Double Bass, South of UK.

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Kat_Mia, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Kat_Mia

Kat_Mia Guest

May 7, 2004
    Dorset, UK
    'Woody' is a full size, 30 year old, solid wood (rather than ply), Romanian double bass. He comes with a full size bow and a full size new Rockbag bass case (I've used the case twice). Altogether, Id like the lot to go for £800 ovno. 'Woody' alone is worth over £700 (is insured for £1200-£1500 as to buy a new one of him would cost that much).

The case, is fabby quality, has a bow support/'case' built onto case and has one very large pocket for everything including music and a small pocket on the back of neck for mobile or keys or whatever. Case has shoulder strap, back straps and many other little carrying handles.

There a few black marks on 'Woody' which I dare would come off (I'll have a go later) and sone little lighter bits around the 'trimming' (hope you know what I mean) which I think adds character more than anything. He's a very nice sounding bass, with a big sound, goes through a pick-up well as long as you have a big amp!

I am in Dorset, on south coast of UK. Advertsing here before I do local papers-that's next weeks job. Collection only really but I dare say we could deliver within a small radius (I'd have to ask).

Cheers, peace, Kat xx

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Any chance of a photo or make/model - is it one of the Andreas Zeller basses for example?

3. Kat_Mia

Kat_Mia Guest

May 7, 2004
    Dorset, UK
    Pictures just on way! :D

4. Kat_Mia

Kat_Mia Guest

May 7, 2004
    Dorset, UK
    No idea of make or model, it's just a 30 year old Romanian bass.