Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fullton Bass drive - comp or no comp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LeftyLB70P, Feb 28, 2006.

1. LeftyLB70P

LeftyLB70P

May 4, 2005
    Athens, Ga.
    Which do you prefer (specifically referring to the older model which had the push/pull compression setting).

Offer your preferred setting on the whole.

I like using the comp. (knob pressed in) with the Tone around 1-2 o'clock, Overdrive barely on, like 7-8 o'clock setting, and not really using the boost.

I am trying to get a ever so slight overdriven crackle. Alone the above setting seems ideal. When playing in the full band setting, at volume this seems to overdriven so I usually pull the Comp-cut and leave the other knobs set the same (this gives no overdrive but a nice tone).
    So how do you set yours?

2. I have Fulltone that has a tri-mode switch. I prefer FM mode but sometimes I also use compcut. Settings remain the same though: vol: 10 a`clock, tone 2-3 pm and gain 12 or half past.

3. IndyBass

IndyBass

Jun 11, 2005
    Central Indiana
    So, just to confirm: The Bass Drive with the little toggle switch is the new/current configuration, and the one with the push/pull rotary switch is the previous one, right?

I've read conflicting stories on this. The image at the Fulltone site is the push/pull version.

4. LeftyLB70P

LeftyLB70P

May 4, 2005
    Athens, Ga.
    yes

5. IndyBass

IndyBass

Jun 11, 2005
    Central Indiana
    Great, thanks.

6. HELLonWHEELS

HELLonWHEELS

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    i use either the vintage meduim overdrive or compcut.