1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fullton Bass drive - comp or no comp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LeftyLB70P, Feb 28, 2006.

1. LeftyLB70P

LeftyLB70P

May 4, 2005
    Athens, Ga.
    Which do you prefer (specifically referring to the older model which had the push/pull compression setting).

Offer your preferred setting on the whole.

I like using the comp. (knob pressed in) with the Tone around 1-2 o'clock, Overdrive barely on, like 7-8 o'clock setting, and not really using the boost.

I am trying to get a ever so slight overdriven crackle. Alone the above setting seems ideal. When playing in the full band setting, at volume this seems to overdriven so I usually pull the Comp-cut and leave the other knobs set the same (this gives no overdrive but a nice tone).
    So how do you set yours?

2. I have Fulltone that has a tri-mode switch. I prefer FM mode but sometimes I also use compcut. Settings remain the same though: vol: 10 a`clock, tone 2-3 pm and gain 12 or half past.

3. IndyBass

IndyBass

Jun 11, 2005
    Central Indiana
    So, just to confirm: The Bass Drive with the little toggle switch is the new/current configuration, and the one with the push/pull rotary switch is the previous one, right?

I've read conflicting stories on this. The image at the Fulltone site is the push/pull version.

4. LeftyLB70P

LeftyLB70P

May 4, 2005
    Athens, Ga.
    yes

5. IndyBass

IndyBass

Jun 11, 2005
    Central Indiana
    Great, thanks.

6. HELLonWHEELS

HELLonWHEELS

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    i use either the vintage meduim overdrive or compcut.