1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FULLTONE BASS DRIVE BATTERIES?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by hambone1, Nov 30, 2006.

1. hambone1

hambone1

Sep 13, 2006
    What are the options for powering fulltone bassdrive pedal?

i.e batteries, wall adapter etc.

2. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    batteries, single adaptor or a multi pedal adaprot like the Onesport or the Godlyke powerall which I use and is fantastic. same adaptor as Boss

3. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    Yeah, it takes 9V Boss-style wallwarts along with 9V batteries.

I haven't been able to figure out where the batteries go in mine though... I think you have to open up the case to get to the battery, not very convienent. But I don't use batteries, so I don't care much.

-Dash

4. The screws are in the rubber feet. You can unscrew them by hand (just turn the rubber feet and you will turn the screws). Then, carefully pull apart the two pieces of the chasis. The internal components are mounted to the top half (where the knobs are) and the battery is clipped to the bottom half. Pull the battery out of the clip and you will be able to seperate the two halves completly.

If you are just using the wall wart, fine. However, you should remove the battery as it will eventually break down and leak. And, in turn, destroy your pedal.

5. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    it takes 9-18v adaptors with varying sonic results. unscrew the rubber feet to access the battery compartment.

6. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    In reviewing what I wrote above, I really need to spell check my posts before submitting!!!

7. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    Yep. Unscrew the feet by hand. I did notice that the manual suggested non-alkalines for sound purposes. That one I don't quite get but I haven't A/B'd them or studied the voltage decay/dropoff rate of alkalines vs. "general purpose"(the kind that make a mess when the leak). I called Fulltone and they indicated that the manual was correct(use general purpose or try the 18 v conversion)....so I use the cheap ones...

8. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Most "boutique" pedals, Hammond-enclosure pedals (like MXR and Electro-Harmonix), and the like will not have the convenience of an easy-access battery compartment.

You'll just have to get used to it :D

9. velvetphil

velvetphil Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Just so you know, on Fulltone's website he outlines a procedure for building an 18V power supply using 2 9V batteries. The Bass Drive can run on 18V - basically gives it more headroom, which is really useful for super-high output basses, with 18V preamps and such. I use the Godlyke system, and they sell an item called the Power Pump, which goes in-line with the pedal plugs and switches the voltage to a pedal from 12-18-24V ... very handy!

Phil